Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Guess having the flu and not being able to work for 3 days is grounds for firing now....go figure. What a Joke.On top of that he stole my spare Oxy/Act tanks.What can I do?

Dont think I will ever work for someone else again.

That sux Spidy!! Did not know that they could do that either. Sounds like you have a plan to go it on your own - good for you!!! We will be pulling for ya!!

Just remember some thing in life happen for a reason,and usally it for the better.

If they are that shallow,then it got to be for the better.

Talking

Hey Spidy, regardless of the situation, try to stay optimistic. A company who operates like that isn't someone you want to work for anyway. I look at it like this, if the wheel can't turn with a spoke missing, it wasn't built right. You need to find a company who isn't too small. Also find out how many long-term employees are still @ the perspective company, that is usually a good sign. I have found with small companies there is usually not much room for flexibilty, growth, and job security( whether it be missed time due to illness tolerance or the fact that most small companies can't take on larger jobs w/o high employee turnover-hiring/layoffs or they depend too much on too few employees to do too much work.) So try and stay positive, goal oriented, and look for a new job with a well established, stable company, with long-term and stable employees!

So keep up the good work, someone has to do it, a few of us aren't enough!!!!

Talking

PAY BACK IS SOME THING THAT SHOULD BE SERVED LONG AND COLD.

THE FIRST MISTAKE ----- IS OFTEN FATAL.

CASSUS 790BC

As an employer, I find this hard to believe. I have been doing this for 17 years and the only time I have seen this is when an employee is being late consistantly, sick excessivly, very slow to complete jobs, attitude problem, high call back problem. I cant think of anyone that would get rid of an excellent tech. for being sick for three days unless they didnt call in. A good tech. is worth their weight in gold and they are hard to replace. Please dont take this personally..just a view from another perspective.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Got the axe.......from the old phrase meaning being beheaded..........see........it ain't that bad now is it?
    You have your head, your health, everything else in your life.....so.....what's a job anyway.
    After reading your posts for quite sometime I think
    you will come out on top in the end. If you ya want to start out on your own, now may be the perfect time.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Wheeeww. Man's been sick and now gets fired. Comes here for a little sympathy....comraderie with his buds.

Now it is not only his fault he got fired, it's a wonder it didn't happen a lot earlier.

(sigh) Tough crowd.

Bad Attitude

I have one...I admit it. I have to get this thing fixed fast, it is affecting everything around my life!Most recently my Job.I know I need to change, but its hard.
    I need to be more Patient,take more time,get more organized and not let the frustration take over, I absoulutly must take criticism better and generally be alot nicer..I need to stop and seriously think before I say or do anything for awhile Till I can trust myself again.

No offense but maybe they saw it coming too. Anyhow things do happen for a reason and maybe it's time for you to go for it make the big bucks ges kidden ya,, good luck !

I hear that alot "a good tech is worth his weight in gold" but have yet to witness this for myself or anyone else.That Line should say "a good tech is worht his weight in gold...when were busy" and when were not they are useless whiney crybabys.... 7 degrees outside and he had no work.Think that had more to do with it than anything else..

My attitude has been in check as of late. Besides Bad attitude sometimes means "strong willed person" and not a brown noser..

Originally posted by coolwhip
    As an employer, I find this hard to believe. I have been doing this for 17 years and the only time I have seen this is when an employee is being late consistantly, sick excessivly, very slow to complete jobs, attitude problem, high call back problem. I cant think of anyone that would get rid of an excellent tech. for being sick for three days unless they didnt call in. A good tech. is worth their weight in gold and they are hard to replace. Please dont take this personally..just a view from another perspective.
    I agree. Sounds like this is the excuse, not the reason. Spidy, I'm not saying it's your fault. Maybe it's getting slow, or maybe you slept (or didn't sleep) with the boss's daughter (LOL).

I hope it ends up positive for you in the long run.
    Good Luck!

Hey Spidey!

Sometimes I wish that I would get fired. In a way that would get me free to do what ever I wanted to do. Good luck is making good decisions! Roy

Originally posted by Spidy
    Guess having the flu and not being able to work for 3 days is grounds for firing now....go figure. What a Joke.On top of that he stole my spare Oxy/Act tanks.What can I do?

Dont think I will ever work for someone else again.
    I deal with the "Boss" mentality daily. I don't know the particular arrangement of your or anybody elses job, I draw the line on providing overhead for their "Profit or Numbers" game. I'm looking for a way to do what I enjoy doing without dealing with the slave mentality of making the "Boss" any more than he is willing in just compensation for what I do for them. We generally don't make enough to put a lawyer on retainer...If you aren't going back, get the satisfaction of asking for what is rightfully yours, ie oxy-acty.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast