+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NW Indiana man seeks employment and advice

Post Likes
    Hello,

I have just decided to take a large step in my life... I have signed up and just started HVAC courses at ETI in Blue Island illinois. I would love to work in the field while attending classes... if at all possible. I carry a wide variety of skills to the table and am willing to do even the dirtiest jobs out there in order to gain some experience while educating myself. I would also appreciate any advice in attaining work even if you cant provide it. I am not looking for anything but a fair wage and understand i'm new to the industry. My work ethic, punctuality, and attitude are those i feel many would desire. Please feel free to contact me anytime via email or on this site and see what I can offer to a company.

[Edited by mrgrey on 01-17-2005 at 03:37 PM]

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    I would write and/or email all the HVAC contractors in the area.

The cover letter would contain informatiom on or a reference to the shortage of trained techs in our industry,and ask if they find this to be true.

try acca.org website ,see if there is a chapter in your area or nearby and contact them as well,asking that it be mentioned at meeting or put in there newsletter.

Check out the wholesale supply houses and distributors ask them for suggestions,and if you can post a notice on their bulletion board.

check some of the internet sites for HVAC jobs,on this site and others.

Post Likes
    dash is giving you GREAT advice. After reading many threads here regarding finding a job in the business without being a fully trained tech, I sent out a letter to every company in the phone book. It was very simple and mentioned qualifications only briefly. What it did mention is work ethic, reliability, honesty, and a desire to learn. I had a job offer on a new install crew in 48 hours. Skills are basic, but you get a working knowledge of how units are put together, some components, and access to ALL those techs to ask your questions. It is how many techs begin. Good luck with your plan. Hard work is rewarded in this business.

Post Likes
    Thank you both for the advice I will certainly send out letters to shops in my area. This is a huge change for me, and I hope it is a rewarding one.

Post Likes
    hey will u might be intrested in working in the south bend / mishawaka area. and what kind of electrical experience do u have

i will be looking for some help in late april or early may

Post Likes
    PilotLight,

Thank you for your interest in me. Unfortunatly i am not sure that i may be the prime candidate for you. I live in a town called Munster and I live on the border of IN and IL.(20 minutes from downtown Chicago) To inform you of my electrical skills though... by april-may, according to my courses i will have completed basic electricity, house wiring, and advanced electricity and low voltage wiring... i do have experience already in these areas from previous work experience but the classes of course will provide me with a broader knowledge.

Post Likes
    Hey mrgrey,
    Not sure, but have the moderator email me your email.
    I'm in munster.
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Post Likes

contact information

My email is mattnovotney@sbcglobal.net
    I am also located in Munster.

[Edited by mrgrey on 01-23-2005 at 01:56 PM]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in