flushin the lines

flushin the lines

We blow the flush liquid in but not much comes out. A residential line set dissent seem like a big deal but what about flushing a big coil? If you blow in a can or 2 of flush and not much comes out with a lot at pressure will the vaccine remove it or will it kill the new compressor oil? Sorry for tills I only use a phone.

alternate

I usually will dump some flush (say 1/4 of a can) into the system, then push it with nitrogen. Repeat until the can is gone. Always finish by purging with nitrogen for a few minutes and at least a double evac to eliminate any flush left in the lines. Hope this helps.

The boys blew out a 40' 1 1/8" suction line the other day. Got about a pint of nasty oil out of it. Used nearly 2 40# tanks of nitro. Couldn't pull a vacuum on the new system due to leaks. Probably what took out the last HP. So had to figure out how to change the lines anyway.

A-S/Trane's position is that it is murder to clean up an old coil so if for some reason a system has to be changed to 410, their FSRs are authorized to give a new evap to match. At least in residential according to ours.

Are you flushing the lines to change oil type or are you just wanting to clean out the residuals from a burnout? Is this a can compressor or a semi?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    A-S/Trane's position is that it is murder to clean up an old coil so if for some reason a system has to be changed to 410, their FSRs are authorized to give a new evap to match. At least in residential according to ours.
    Trane's position is this because Trane is all about how much $$$ can they get out of their customer.

I have had the same problem with not getting the flush out of my system. It has not seemed to harm any systems I have flushed but I have come up with a procedure that I believe works better to remove most of the flush. I will restrict the liquid line (since its smaller in diatmeter) and solder in a schrader valve or just pinch it off. That way I can build up pressure with nitrogen and then release it around 200-300 psi and have a much greater push on all the flush. I don't know if this makes a difference but I know that it does remove more of the flush in liquid form.

The 2/1/8 line plug from the new pipes I cut the pipe off it 1 inch drilled hole for 3/8 pipe 1ft long flared inside w screwdriver and hammer pushed in coil end taped edict tape to help hold on. Blew in 2 60 nitro and 1 80 . The end blew off 1 time. I was kneeling off to the side just in case. Over 200psi. The 3/8 was krimped w/pliars

Quote Originally Posted by HuNGRYTeCH View Post
    Trane's position is this because Trane is all about how much $$$ can they get out of their customer.

I have had the same problem with not getting the flush out of my system. It has not seemed to harm any systems I have flushed but I have come up with a procedure that I believe works better to remove most of the flush. I will restrict the liquid line (since its smaller in diatmeter) and solder in a schrader valve or just pinch it off. That way I can build up pressure with nitrogen and then release it around 200-300 psi and have a much greater push on all the flush. I don't know if this makes a difference but I know that it does remove more of the flush in liquid form.
    That's what it says to do on the side of the bottle, lol.

http://www.diversitech.com/literatur...g_Products.pdf

read page 6.

Quote Originally Posted by DavyB View Post
    That's what it says to do on the side of the bottle, lol.
    The right or left side of the bottle?

The reason for the flush is to clean out old oil. New 410 condenser. Existing evap. New line set and expansion valve. 50 ton system. Vac. Pump took 4 days to get to 500 microns. The wanted to charge it at 850 microns. I said w/ a micro. Channel coil you can't pump it down to change dryer. Total system charge 65 lbs.

We use flush to clean up a line set but not to try and flush out a coil. Any time that I have it's just washed everything into the bottom of the coil. I suppose that it depends on how the liquid line comes off your particular coil but blowing nitrogen through a coil has always just blown through the top of the coil and left all the nastiness in the bottom until I cut the coil and tipped it on end. Why not just start the system and change the oil until you get below threshold? If it's gunky driers will clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HuNGRYTeCH View Post
    The right or left side of the bottle?
    yes.