IN SEARCH OF PUMP~!

Need this for a special application, this pump is extremely small that will handle low volumes of near boiling point water, about the size of 3in long and 2 1/2 in diameter with the impelller about 1/2 in, i have looked all over but i can find it, i know it exists but i cant track it down from years ago. Any suggestions??

Granger or McMaster Carr

Photographic equipment uses small pumps on that order, I think I have a couple around here somewhere.

Hot water recirculation pump may work? Like the tiny ones the plumbers use for "instant hot water".

Fairly non-specific in need, but of course you can build your own piston pump. Basically a push-rod in piston teed into a line with 2 check valves on either end. All-thread, washers, leather piston. You can regulate size w/ pipe diameter. Regulate volume by stroke length. And pulleys if you motorize it. PVC is the most probable material. I built one really cheap for a personal science experiment.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Granger or McMaster Carr
    Tried granger, now i can try the other THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Photographic equipment uses small pumps on that order, I think I have a couple around here somewhere.

Hot water recirculation pump may work? Like the tiny ones the plumbers use for "instant hot water".

Fairly non-specific in need, but of course you can build your own piston pump. Basically a push-rod in piston teed into a line with 2 check valves on either end. All-thread, washers, leather piston. You can regulate size w/ pipe diameter. Regulate volume by stroke length. And pulleys if you motorize it. PVC is the most probable material. I built one really cheap for a personal science experiment.
    Needs to be for hot water , iam using in a steam room spa type application THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by YESITDOES View Post
    Needs to be for hot water , iam using in a steam room spa type application THANKS
    I would go to a regular pump company, if this is something you want to get really right. This is something we only have in large metroplex areas in Texas, but they only deal with pumps, nothing else.

Pumps are rated for how high they can lift water, how far they can push it, and volume. 2 different pumps can look the same on the outside but be much different inside. If you contact a proper pump company and tell them what you need I am sure they can get you a match. Or at least point you in the right direction. I am trying to tell you that when buying a pump you cannot simply say "well it needs to be yay so big" because they do have radically different spec's. I have done a few dozen replacements, I always go to the pump company because they know what I need. I do not fully understand pump spec's.

When looking for an unusual item, I have a system:
    Contact manufacturer, from them find out who the distributor in my area is. Contact distributor, then buy from them if they will sell to me, this is often not in the case of an unusual item, but they can refer you to a retailer. So you can just pick a popular brand, go to website and work down the food-chain that way.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.