+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do u politely tell a HO to stop looking over your shoulder ?!

Post Likes
    Depends on the situation. If the HO is polite, and asks if I mind if they watch, then most times I don't mind. But if it's some old fella that just stands there watching and jiggling the change in his pocket, then it drives me nuts. Had a little old lady this week who was watching so closely, every time I moved, I bumped into her. Finally told her "I need some room to work". Then she moved a few feet away.(snapping her gum all the time I was there.) Grrrrrrr!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Post Likes
    The "irish-one" has a valid point. It's their money. I once worked in a facility where the owner was up everyones a$$. He had an electrician come in and followed him around asking "why" for every step. Electrician would answer every question, in GREAT DETAIL, electrician also billed by the hours he spent on the job. Business owner probably remembers more about the bill than what "Sparky" told him about electricity. Last I heard they still work together and owner just says "Hi, where can I find the shut-off for that machine?"

Money talks and so can I. $75/hour will buy you a conversation about whatever I'm doing.

Post Likes
    Newcooler: Move to the head of the class! Unless your on a "flat rate" call, I'm like you, i.e. talk about whatever pleases them @ whatever your street rate is.

Post Likes
    I do not mind when they watch,hell I tell them to pull up a chair!What I do mind is when they tell you how to fix it.I have told that type"If you know more about fixing this than I do I can leave if you want."I found that if they are just to close if you come right out & tell them to back up a little & give you some more room to work most all people will.
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    I tend to take Irish's position too, but I used to work with a guy that stopped what he was doing, faced the HO and talked. Sooner or later they caught on that they were paying for his time.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Post Likes
    'Had a little old lady this week who was watching so closely, every time I moved, I bumped into her. Finally told her "I need some room to work". Then she moved a few feet away.(snapping her gum all the time I was there.) Grrrrrrr
    '

ME: Once i had a very elderly couple follow me down in the dungeon of a basement and set up two lawn chairs about 8 feet away from me . They didnt say a word for the entire time i serviced thier 50 year old furnace. I felt like i was 'in' thier T.V. !! Started to bother me after awhile...so, i turned my back to them .

Post Likes
    ga/oh man has the right idea= bet that really work's !!!
    Da Threadkilla

Post Likes

Talking Nothing like lighting the torch

I once had this old guy standing right over my shoulder jiggling the change in his pocket. I was changing out an evap coil. When it came time to light up the torch.... I used at first a little extra oxygen...pop..pop...then alot of acetylene... It lit... BOOOOOMMMM... Huge flame....

The guy jumped back and headed straight for the bathroom...hehehehe

Doesn't work every time.... but funny as hell when it does

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in