Maintain CFM set point

Maintain CFM set point

HI,
    I was thinking on how this systems from EBM can increase or decrease the motor rpm due to maintain the cfm set point when the duct impedance increase or decrease.

I saw that they are using a static pressure sensor but how they can manage the motor speed with the pressure?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Domia View Post
    HI,
    I was thinking on how this systems from EBM can increase or decrease the motor rpm due to maintain the cfm set point when the duct impedance increase or decrease.

I saw that they are using a static pressure sensor but how they can manage the motor speed with the pressure?
    Thank you!
    I didn't watch the video, but can say that variable speed blower operation is done all the time by static pressure setpoint. The static pressure is measured by a transducer, which converts pressure to an analog electrical signal. A controller is then programmed to respond to this signal (the signal could be 4 to 20 milliamp or 0 to 10 volts DC) and send a similar signal to the variable frequency drive (VFD) which then ramps up or down according to what is needed to hold the static pressure setpoint.

To maintain a consistent cubic feet per minute (CFM) setpoint would likely involve a different type of design than what I described above, which is commonly used for systems employing variable air volume boxes (VAV) in various zones throughout the building. With what I described above, the CFM will vary in order to maintain a constant static pressure.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.