Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    How about we all see what we can come up with as alternatives to the current highly personal invasive searches and Xrays now used at airports. Here is what I thought of:

1) Profiling- start by looking for the very type of person, characteristics and actions that match previous terrorists.

2) Place explosive sensing devices on the planes themselves. In the main cabin and in the restrooms.

3) Place video cameras in the passenger area and record every minute from the time people board to the time they get off.

4) Place an air marshall and a dog on every single flight.

5) Allow regular travelers and those proven frequent flyers to obtain a clearance thru a background check and flying history to move thru a less intensive search line.

Perhaps there are other good ideas you may have. Perhaps we ought to compile a good alternative list and forward it to our senators and representatives. It seems to me that TSA is not very creative and needs some common sense sent their direction.

Hugh
    Sounds good. I have heard these ideas floated. I have friends that fly a lot, usually first class, that could easily be pre-screened. Others are taking private flights on king Airs or jets.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    Here is the solution:

At 20mph. Most of the high speed rail projects are being canceled by the new teabagger governors.

The line from CA to Las Vegas is alive and well funded by the Chinese. The Chinese have trains that travel at 245 mph. Air flight could become obsolete if we developed rail. Doubt that will ever happen.

Go to Europe and ride their trains. It is now wonder they laugh at us when they visit here.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

[quote=retired btc;8456381]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    There is something very wrong here. Israel profiles, interviews and uses dogs and they have not had an incident. Why are we not following the Israeli model?
    /QUOTE]

Hmm just might be we have a few more travelers then they do or maybe its the amount of airports either way your comparing apples to oranges.

The pampered people in the US are not going to enjoy be pulled out of line and questioned any more then they like the current policies in place.
    Ever been through Israeli security. It is fast and even if you are pulled out of line it is only for a few minutes. The main Israeli security is based on good intelligence.

Do you realize we had the name of the underwear bomber and he was on a no fly list and he got through. That is bad security.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    While I agree the current 'standards' TSA operates are more excessive (and less constitutional) than previously... We need to remember that TSA was started under GW Bush. Now before the 'Its all Bush's fault' crowd comes back... Lets look at History:

Show me ONE president in modern times (we can define modern times as anyone you or your parents voted for/against) that has NOT sold this country down the road of trashing the constitution for 'this cause' or 'that cause'...
    And the last one that tried to set things straight got executed by his own goverment, and the ones that followed got the message.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Printer - That's just how we roll here. Good or bad, it gets blamed on the guy living in the White House at the time.

No, it's often not fair. But that's how it seems to go. After what all Bush got blamed for, nothing would surprise me.
    Thats the reason they get hired, to be fall guys...

of course some of you still believe we have a choice who we vote for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brp_7XHuS0E

RIP

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    I don't blame Obama. I blame the people who killed other people on September 11th, 2001.
    And who would that be.....???????

Roy

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    At 20mph. Most of the high speed rail projects are being canceled by the new teabagger governors.

The line from CA to Las Vegas is alive and well funded by the Chinese. The Chinese have trains that travel at 245 mph. Air flight could become obsolete if we developed rail. Doubt that will ever happen.

Go to Europe and ride their trains. It is now wonder they laugh at us when they visit here.
    I often wonder why americans who envy other societies and thinks other countries do things so much better don't move to those countries....projects are being canceled because we're BROKE!

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Thats the reason they get hired, to be fall guys...

of course some of you still believe we have a choice who we vote for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brp_7XHuS0E

RIP

Roy
    While there is evidence to support the video: I think the problem lies with the American public. We have become a society of folks that just want the easy road. We do not care about right and wrong anymore, we just want it to feel good and be easy. And we are getting what we want... with one caveat: Our kinds and grandkids will have less than we did.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

An illegal in Arizona has more rights than a natural born US citizen has at the airport.

The White House is trying to prevent Arizona from locating illegals while regularly violating the most personal private areas of the human body on citizens who have not been suspected of a crime.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Y7pBN7toE

Yes, this would be too cheap and they would not get a pension just a treat.

My wife just sent me the attached picture which seems to be the perfect solution between the need for security without making people concerned about privacy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast