How about we all see what we can come up with as alternatives to the current highly personal invasive searches and Xrays now used at airports. Here is what I thought of:
1) Profiling- start by looking for the very type of person, characteristics and actions that match previous terrorists.
2) Place explosive sensing devices on the planes themselves. In the main cabin and in the restrooms.
3) Place video cameras in the passenger area and record every minute from the time people board to the time they get off.
4) Place an air marshall and a dog on every single flight.
5) Allow regular travelers and those proven frequent flyers to obtain a clearance thru a background check and flying history to move thru a less intensive search line.
Perhaps there are other good ideas you may have. Perhaps we ought to compile a good alternative list and forward it to our senators and representatives. It seems to me that TSA is not very creative and needs some common sense sent their direction.