Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4th Amendment

Our government is actually entertaining the idea of allowing muslim women to avoid the "indignity" of the body searches.
    Do you know why the El Al airlines from Israel is so safe? Thet profile everyone who attempts to enter one of their airports. It is extremely accurate and their safety record proves it.
    Of course in America our government has decided it would be better to reduce the rights of all American Citizens so we can avoid upsetting anyone.

This country is under attack from within. our government is doing whatever it can to take away liberties. The thing is, you do have a choice, you can choose to not use airports, but that isnt really an option for many travelers. You can choose to have your search conducted in private, and that is exactly what each and every single person flying these days should request. That would bog down the system enouh to send a message I think. It is my understanding that each time you step into a security line, you give up your rights, and consent to a search, but how it is done should be under our control.

I firmly believe a lot of this nonsense is just that, and is designed in such a way as to grow government. It puts people to work, and expands the role of government in our every day life. We have given up a lot, and big business needs it back. Security companies need business, manufacturing needs business, and so on. If the public sector isnt providing it, the gov will apparently.

Power to the Junkman!!!
    Tracers work both ways.

It is interesting to note that nobody here has a clue how the 4th amendment plays out in this series of TSA intrustions into privicy. Not a clue.

Furthermore, it seems amazing to me how many are so willing to give up grand personal rights for precieved safety. You see, the less intensive less invasive searches were working just fine.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    It is interesting to note that nobody here has a clue how the 4th amendment plays out in this series of TSA intrustions into privicy. Not a clue.

Furthermore, it seems amazing to me how many are so willing to give up grand personal rights for precieved safety. You see, the less intensive less invasive searches were working just fine.
    Really ? Pray tell us or at least give us a clue, I really would like to hear this esp from someone who has never served their country and taken an Oath to defend this Countries Constitutional Rights but yet has the gall to sit here rant and rave about how us that have don't get it.

Its funny that most of the ones who are up in arms about their Constitutional rights being violated have never bother to actualy do anything other then sit on their duffs, bad mouthing the Goverment and all their policies but are certainly fine with others doing the hard work and actualy earning the right by serving their country.
    Last edited by retired btc; 11-22-2010 at 10:45 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Really ? Pray tell us or at least give us a clue, I really would like to hear this esp from someone who has never served their country and taken an Oath to defend this Countries Constitutional Rights but yet has the gall to sit here rant and rave about how us that have don't get it.

Its funny that most of the ones who are up in arms about their Constitutional rights being violated have never bother to actualy do anything other then sit on their duffs, bad mouthing the Goverment and all their policies but are certainly fine with others doing the hard work and actualy earning the right by serving their country.
    My you sure have a skewed view of the constitution. I guess according to you if one has not served in the military that individual does not come under the first amendment!

My you sure have a skewed view of the constitution. I guess according to you if one has not served in the military that individual does not come under the first amendment!
    Yep you got me lol, its not about the Constitution but rather individuals such as yourself who Troll these boards spouting anti goverment crap at every chance they get, at least those that served have earned that right.

People such as yourself, I put the same catagory as the anti-war activist and deserve the same respect.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Yep you got me lol, its not about the Constitution but rather individuals such as yourself who Troll these boards spouting anti goverment crap at every chance they get, at least those that served have earned that right.

People such as yourself, I put the same catagory as the anti-war activist and deserve the same respect.

You of course are entitled to your opinion. But, just what part of the 4th amendment do you not understand?

So, which branch of the military was it that Obama served in?

You of course are entitled to your opinion. But, just what part of the 4th amendment do you not understand?
    which part is it you think you understand ? your under the misconception that your correct and everyone else is mistaken in their understanding of what and what is allowed in seaches.

Your still babbling about TSA , you purchased a ticket or accepted a ticket on the airlines knowing full well the requirements of that ticket , one of those being that you could or would be subject to a search, its been a requirement for quite sometime now maybe you missed the memo. If you don't agree with the policy then don't fly its pretty simple if you ask me.

So, which branch of the military was it that Obama served in?
    lol is that the best you can do is try to steer the conversation away from your own shortcomings , good try but try to do better next time ok lol

which part is it you think you understand ? your under the misconception that your correct and everyone else is mistaken in their understanding of what and what is allowed in seaches.

Your still babbling about TSA , you purchased a ticket or accepted a ticket on the airlines knowing full well the requirements of that ticket , one of those being that you could or would be subject to a search, its been a requirement for quite sometime now maybe you missed the memo. If you don't agree with the policy then don't fly its pretty simple if you ask me.
    Hey btc, what's your beef with my buddy Hugh here? He has every right as a born and raised American to squawk about abuses of the TSA.

You know they not only won't "profile" they apparently are considering "reverse profiling". That is not screening or "padding" down the terrorist and terrorist supporters when there spokesperson said that they are considering the "sensitivity" of jihadist Muslim women in the process and cut them some slack and not red blooded Americans. How does that grab you so to speak (pun intended)?

Also I'm am not calling you into question here on your service (thank you for that) but since you are working Hugh over for not serving did you serve in combat and get wounded? Just saying criticize Hugh if you must on his beliefs but please not his patriotism just because he did not wear the uniform. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey btc, what's your beef with my buddy Hugh here? He has every right as a born and raised American to squawk about abuses of the TSA.

You know they not only won't "profile" they apparently are considering "reverse profiling". That is not screening or "padding" down the terrorist and terrorist supporters when there spokesperson said that they are considering the "sensitivity" of jihadist Muslim women in the process and cut them some slack and not red blooded Americans. How does that grab you so to speak (pun intended)?

Also I'm am not calling you into question here on your service (thank you for that) but since you are working Hugh over for not serving did you serve in combat and get wounded? Just saying criticize Hugh if you must on his beliefs but please not his patriotism just because he did not wear the uniform. Thank you, thank you very much
    Hmm I suggest you take another route there and be carefull who you bud up with after all Hugh hasn't filled out his profile yet who knows where he is from what he does for a living , in fact why don't you ask him

He may be a Patriot because of his babblings about TSA to you, but certainly not to me. I took an Oath to support both the Constitution and the office of the President of the United States, what Oath did he take ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast