Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blower won't turn on new furnace

So i we just got a new high efficiency goodman furnace. My husband installed it with help from a friend. It was working well most of the time, but sometimes it won't turn on. Well, I can hear it begin to heat up, but the blower doesn't kick on all of the time??? Since it is new and the thermostat has been replaced I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the electrical between the two?
    Help--I'm so cold!!!!!!!!

the fan motor waits a minute or so to turn on

Better talk to your husband or his friend!

Something is not properly installed according to the manual. We are not allowed to give DIY advise because of site rules (see no DIY disclaimer). Either review install instructions or contact a professional company to go over the install and trouble shoot the problem
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Quote Originally Posted by maroon View Post
    So i we just got a new high efficiency goodman furnace. My husband installed it with help from a friend. It was working well most of the time, but sometimes it won't turn on. Well, I can hear it begin to heat up, but the blower doesn't kick on all of the time??? Since it is new and the thermostat has been replaced I'm wondering if there could be a problem with the electrical between the two?
    This is where the installing companies warranty kicks in. Call the installing company and have them fix the problem. If they can't fix it, call another company and when it's fixed, bill the original installer.

Remeber, a real pro makes difficult jobs look easy. But it's not so easy anybody can do it. That's why we have careers. We don't practice accounting or medicine, the unskilled don't perform HVAC installs.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    the fan motor waits a minute or so to turn on

Where is the manual? What does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by maroon View Post
    It sounds like you need to call your husband for a service call. If he was skilled enough to install, he should be able to fix it. These DIY installs just crack me up. They think it's so easy, but when it goes south, lets ask the pros what to do to fix it! The best thing to do would be to call a PROFESSIONAL out to look at the install and try to repair it. Keep in mind, if your husband and his friend didn't install it properly, it may cost you some additional $$$ to make things right. Gooman should be so proud of themselves, selling equipment to anyone that has the money via the internet. What does that really say about their company?

time to call a pro to sse what he did..errr-- whats wrong...

and it would be wise not to ask if its a warranty call ( free )

Flashing lights in unit may tell you what is wrong. Then read the manual.

If you are cold and it is urgent call a pro before it gets really cold and they are to busy to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by cturman View Post
    Flashing lights in unit may tell you what is wrong. Then read the manual.

If you are cold and it is urgent call a pro before it gets really cold and they are to busy to come out.
    That's good advice to call a pro, but don't you think if he was smart enough to install it, he should be smart enough to troubleshoot it too? Maybe this is why it's better to have a pro install it. There would actually be warranty on the furnace if there is a defective component and more than likely if it was installed less than a year ago there would be a labor warranty as well. The money they might have saved is going to be gone now if they have to call a pro AND have parts replaced.

unlikely to be t'stat related if it ever works. if the furnace does not do its job the 'stat can't do the stat's job.

does it kick on some of the time?
    Sic semper tyrannis

‚——’ฏฏ‘;====ฑ—- * * * * * *
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ

I can think of a thermostat problem that would create this symptom if the thermostat isn't electronic, but I think saying more gets into DIY. Could be this, could be that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast