Whirlpool furnace? and other advice needed

Hi all,
    I've been reading the site for a couple of weeks now and i think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new furnace and replace the 20 year old unit that came with the house.

I have had 4 bids come in. Two of the bids came with load calc's. Of these two bids, one bid did a much more thorough job on the load calc's than the other. The less accurate bid said they would do a more accurate load calc after an agreement was signed. The more accurate bid comes from a small outfit and has been in business for about 10 years. The less accurate calc bid is a much larger company and has been in business for over 25 years. Should I factor the track records of the companies in selecting a bid? Both seem to have spotless online and BBB records. Any other way to figure out how "good" an outfit is?

The more accurate calc bid gave me 2 options, a Whirlpool WGFM29 and a Bryant 359BAV. Both models seem to have roughly equivalent specs (warrenty, 95% AFLUE, variable speed blower, BTU output, etc). The less accurate bid came in with same Bryant furnace.

The Whirlpool came in a fair amount cheaper than the Bryant. From my understanding, the Whirlpool is roughly the same as the Amana AMVC95. Are there any known difference between the Whirlpool and Amana products (i.e. different internals capabilities)?

Are there any reasons why I should or shouldn't go for the Whirlpool? Is the Bryant going to be more reliable?

Any other advice or suggestions on selecting a furnace are more than welcome! Thanks.

hope I'm not lying. Amana is part of Goodman. Last I new the equipment was defferent but it is the same copany.
    Maytag is nordyne.
    installed right either should do a fine job.

Yes, Whirlpool is part of the Amana/Goodman line now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog30 View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been reading the site for a couple of weeks now and i think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new furnace and replace the 20 year old unit that came with the house.

I have had 4 bids come in. Two of the bids came with load calc's. Of these two bids, one bid did a much more thorough job on the load calc's than the other. The less accurate bid said they would do a more accurate load calc after an agreement was signed. The more accurate bid comes from a small outfit and has been in business for about 10 years. The less accurate calc bid is a much larger company and has been in business for over 25 years. Should I factor the track records of the companies in selecting a bid? Both seem to have spotless online and BBB records. Any other way to figure out how "good" an outfit is?

The more accurate calc bid gave me 2 options, a Whirlpool WGFM29 and a Bryant 359BAV. Both models seem to have roughly equivalent specs (warrenty, 95% AFLUE, variable speed blower, BTU output, etc). The less accurate bid came in with same Bryant furnace.

The Whirlpool came in a fair amount cheaper than the Bryant. From my understanding, the Whirlpool is roughly the same as the Amana AMVC95. Are there any known difference between the Whirlpool and Amana products (i.e. different internals capabilities)?

Are there any reasons why I should or shouldn't go for the Whirlpool? Is the Bryant going to be more reliable?

Any other advice or suggestions on selecting a furnace are more than welcome! Thanks.

The Whirlpool will be just fine if properly installed and same for the Bryant, they are both good units.

Sounds like you've done your homework, now just decide which one you want and go for it.

Thanks for the input sammy and fearless!

Are there any known differences between the Amana AMVC95 and the Whirlpool WGFM29?

Are there any pro's or con's to the Bryant and/or the Amana? i.e. one is louder, etc.

Thanks again!

I would give the job to the co. trhat worked the hardest to get it,and yes 10 years is a well established co.
    As far as equipment you would look at the warranties.