+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would'nt it be nice!

Post Likes
    To live & work on a tropical island, where you could spend your days off enjoying the beaches and fishing in your boat. I sometimes envy the guys that are able to do this every weekend, instead of hiding inside staring at this damned computer.

Here I sit playing on my computer, waiting for the phone to ring, bringing me another no-heat call or some frozen water lines, with temps that are'nt supposed to rise above 5 degrees while people like that Carnak guy are out playing in the sand.

Actually; now that I look at the people logged in I see that the island folk are actually hiding inside staring at their computers. I think at least one of them needs to trade places for a few weeks to see exactly how good he has it down there.

Post Likes
    those guys have to deal with hurricanes, mudslides, tsunamis, forest fires, etc. don't think that sunshine doesn't come with a price. i'll deal with the cold, thank-you.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes

Talking

Of course the swap would have to take place in between disasters.

Post Likes
    5 degrees,you can have it... you have snow,we have snowbirds. our change of colors are license plates.
    try to get somewhere,somebody from up north blocking traffic lost. :-( if it rains the roads get as bad as ice from the oil leakers.no vehicle inspections here.

Post Likes

I suppose......

Your life could be better.......but........it could be much, much worse.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I have made it a resolution to never brag about the weather, BUT I do recall being told on more than one occasion that certain people could not do without the four seasons.

I have had enough snow and 40 below to last me a life time.

The beach gets boring, and I only usually go when I have vistors here.

Did I mention some friends flew in yesterday? Guess where we went this afternoon

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Get a gaddam house so your visitors don't have to room on the beach. And watch out for those damn sand fleas. And oh yeah,---I hate you!

Post Likes
    it's 1°F here in Schaumburg, IL. Worked 9 hours yesterday and might do some more today. I'm not on call but it sure gets boring sitting in the house.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Schaumburg.....what a fag-town.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    Get a gaddam house so your visitors don't have to room on the beach. And watch out for those damn sand fleas. And oh yeah,---I hate you!
    I have a pup tent, a 5000 btu window shaker and a generator. The noise scares the sand fleas away.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

Post Likes

Talking

Originally posted by Carnak
    BUT I do recall being told on more than one occasion that certain people could not do without the four seasons.

Four seasons are a requirement, but during the current season, its nice to thaw out once in a while. Just as you could'nt handle living in the cold anymore, I could'nt handle living 365 days with the constant heat. Besides; where would I ride my snowmachine?

Post Likes

Cool

sell that and get a jet-ski. troll the beache's. lot's of dancer's getting it all tan

Post Likes
    Judging by all the cold stuff blowing down here its got to be colder than a witch's tit up there

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in