Wow... just went to a popular online distributor of Lon based components to show a prospective buyer the competitive pricing and functionality of Lon controls compared to proprietary Bacnet systems. I hadnt checked pricing there in quite a while but today I found all ASC at exactly double what they were less than a year ago. All ASCs averaged around $450. (all manufacturers as well) The guy looked at me like I was goofy.

Did the pricing structure change that dramatically for these recently? Maybe because the new government guidelines these companies are starting to gouge? Anyone know whats up with that?

This guy runs that facilities at a large college with over 100 buildings and is being abused by proprietary Bacnet people. I tried to convince him of the virtues of Lon until I showed him the pricing.

Dapper, they have recently changed to a List Pricing view unless you have an account. (if it's the site I'm thinking about)

Try again....

That's what I figured but I do have an account although I have not bought anything in a while. The same pricing comes up whether I log in or not. All of the Echelon pricing seems about the same. It is only the other manufacturer's pricing that has doubled such as Circon, Distech and TAC. Thanks sysint.

Their pricing system seems to skew to purchased items. Some of it now - (Even at a discount) is nuts. What I mean is if you have been purchasing the item, the pricing is nice. However, if you have not (because they weren't priced good to begin with) the pricing is actually higher than before.

I'm sure they will have to work on adjustments.

That is what I am seeing. The last items I purchased were Echelon items. That must be why they are still at the discounted rate. Seems a little screwey to me.

I havent seen any major increase in TAC ASC'S they released their new pricing for 05 and it lloks like a 3-5 increase in some areas. a RTU ASC with sensor stat is about 275.00 a VAV actuator with airflow sensor 167.00 stat is 42.00.
    Jeff F.
    www.vfdhelp.com
    VFD, HVAC Motors and Manufacture Assistance.