Local 399 Chicago, IL.

Just wondering if someone could stir me in the right direction. I want to join local 399 in chicago but I can't find any information on any apprenticeship programs. I am certified in Hvac/R I also have my universal 608 epa card. Just wondering if anybody had any good ideas. Would I have to go to their school and take some classes to hopefully become a member. Thanks for your time.

You mean IUOE Local 399, Chicago, IL.?

http://www.iuoe399.org/Home/tabid/881/Default.aspx

Spring class schedule:
    http://www.iuoe399.org/Portals/43/do...le%20FINAL.pdf
    We do it right... after lunch!

Sorry, yes I meant Iuoe 399. I see you gave me there website and spring class schedule but what I want to know if I take the classes will I then be able to join an apprenticeship program. If not then how do I go about becoming a member. Thanks for taking your time to help.

It is probably best to obtain contact info from website and contact them directly.

Unions and their local affiliates implement recruitment policies at the local membership level. I believe most members of hvac-talk are either non-union or members of a "building trades" union like UA, SMIA or IBEW. Until your post, I wasn't even aware of IUOE having apprentice programs. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    We do it right... after lunch!