Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slave labor.

to all new techs , i would worn you there are some employers that take you for granted . ths is one persona l experience from my book
    I work for a service company where the boss likes to penalize the employees for not covering the previous techs mistakes
    I was sent out on a job a couple of months back to take care of a leak in a refrigeration system.
    the leak was on a couple of flare nuts no biggy right well the tech that was there prio9r to me had no bussiness with a torch his brazes looked like lava but since i found no leaks and didn't want to recover the refrigerant to fix his slop i signed off on the job well the next time there was a problem with the system guess who got it and it hurt my pocket book cause i spent 5 days redoing his slop and didn' get paid for it .
    and that is not the first time he has done it but when you like your job what can you do.

I would tell your employer that he owes you 5 days pay and if not you will take him to court and report him to every one you can. He eats the cost of that, not the employee. It is his responsibility to hire compitant workers and to fire them when they are not.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Their are labor laws against working for free with out your employer paying you for your time worked.

you worked for 5 days for free. you need to have your head examined. that is the stupidest thing i ever heard of.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

It's time to look for another job.

Your boss is an a**hole and doesnt give a s**t about you.

JMHO.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

You get 5 day on a job I get 1 day on everything What did you have to do that took 5 days.

thanks for the replies and advice . wish i could do what you say but i got my bills .like i said he thinks he taught me a lesson to look at ever thing and repair any problem or face the cost of the call back

oh and to answer what i did for those days was to re pipe the system because the other tech brazed almost ever joint and they looked like a laa flow loked like he burned a stick on each joint

Talking

sounds like the last tech was a failed plumber

Originally posted by framehvac
    You get 5 day on a job I get 1 day on everything What did you have to do that took 5 days.
    I agree I can do a complete install in 5 days. What leak repairs takes 5 days? I'm guessing theres more to this "who got screwed" story.

are you from michigian city indiana? BTW if the owner of my company tried that crap with me i would call the labor board,irs and my lawyer.forcing an employee to work without pay is against the law.

[Edited by 1972torino on 01-15-2005 at 02:46 PM]
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Exuse me for saying this mtinbert but you are freakin NUTZO !!! Like others have said it is ILLEGAL for your a$$hole boss to make you work without pay ! Grow some balls dude !!!! Tell him Monday morning that you want your 5 days pay that is OWED to you or you are walking and reporting him to the BBB and everyone else you can think of !!Hell I would walk anyway, if your boss does not know that it is illegal to do what he did , who is to say what else he will try to do !! I understand that you have bills to pay but you say that you are a refrigeration tech right ? Why the hell are you worried about that job anyway ? You should be able to gie him your walking papers @ 7:00am and have a better job by 8:00am if you are a 1/2 decent technician !! Just my opinions though !

grow some nad's. that's crap.
    do you get the point.... tell the world, sue him if need be. you deserve better. btw, what did the lil misses say to that??

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mtinbert
    [B]thanks for the replies and advice . wish i could do what you say but i got my bills

how do you pay you bills when you earned zero. you also said that he's done that before. that boss of yours is in desperate needing of a severe ass-beating. do yourself a favor and find a better job and get your back pay.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast