+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrying a gun to high crime area jobsites ???

Post Likes
    yeah, you really gotta watch out for them contractors.

Post Likes

I shot at a guy once

I was working out of town, drove my motorhome to a new constuction site into a culdsac for the night. No lighting. Around 3 am a car drove by and stopped. The driver came to the door and told me he was out of gas. Words went on and I told him to leave. All I had was a 12 ga. shotgun. I lost sight of him while getting the gun out from under the mattress. I came out of the motorhome, butt naked, and saw him in my car that I was towing behind me. I fired one shot over the car and hoped he would leave. He ran to his car and some how it wasn't out of gas anymore. Imagine firing a 12ga. shotgun at 3 am, just woke up, no clothes on, wondering while you were standing there if it didn't phase him,then what do you do? Well I got dressed and decided to go to the plant parking lot. On the way as I was passing a store...there he was, the cops had him over the hood of his car. BTW, When I got home I talked to an attorney about what had happened. He said, If I would have shot the guy I might be in trouble, BECAUSE it happened on a public street and he had as much right to be there as me. Go Figure!

Post Likes
    'I talked to an attorney about what had happened. He said, If I would have shot the guy I might be in trouble, BECAUSE it happened on a public street and he had as much right to be there as me. Go Figure!
    '

ME: I just bought a used MotorHome, so i hope that doesnt happen to me. Im going to stay in campgrounds only. Theres no doubt you would have been in BIG trouble had you shot him ; you can only use a lethal weapon if your life is endangered. I guess you could have 'maybe' seen a shiny object that you thought was his gun coming out of his pocket ... but, im afraid the laws are against the guy that has the gun it seems.

Post Likes
    'From the animal instinct we all have,
    ....'

Dont know about you, but, my ancestor wasnt a Monkey or Pond Scum ! The inherent instinct i have was hardwired by the Creator . And..i thank him for that.

Post Likes
    This thread needs moved to where it belongs, read the rules.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    'Dude,
    If you think "animal instinct" means something special about my personal beliefs, your an idiot. I am talking about the reactionary actions one takes when physical fear for ones safety. While I can appreciate your desire to "pray" about it, I do not "think" in such situations like that.

Glad you clarified that ; I sure take offense to someone inferring im an animal/or from an animal ! And..i sure do pray about any potential dangerous situation i enter into , then, i use my God given inherent instincts to think about the situation.

Post Likes
    See........none of this petty arguing ever went on in the 9mm thread.......we were all agreed to just shoot anyone & everyone who PO'ed us on any particular day.
    I suggest we stop this nonsense in here before someone gets their feelings hurt.

Post Likes
    Well Dice, you know how it is when you are discussing using a little .22 revolver in place of a real gun.

Post Likes
    'See........none of this petty arguing ever went on in the 9mm thread.......we were all agreed to just shoot anyone & everyone who PO'ed us on any particular day.
    I suggest we stop this nonsense in here before someone gets their feelings hurt
    '

If you have no interest in this thread, then how come you keep coming back ?! If youre not careful, its YOU who might get their feelings hurt !!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hvacfella

If you have no interest in this thread, then how come you keep coming back ?! If youre not careful, its YOU who might get their feelings hurt !!!
    Me???? Really?????
    You big meanie you.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    This thread needs moved to where it belongs, read the rules.
    I've read the rules several times and havn't seen any that says all gun related subject belong in your punny little thread.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    Ya have to read bewteen the lines.
    Now go nurse your fat baby, he is hungry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in