I'm was not able to get my honeywell zone control board to activate it's emergency heat without using their EMERGENCY HEAT switch. My thermostat has an emergency heat mode and it works fine, so I don't want the home owner to have to go to the furnace to place the system in EM heat. I had 27 volts going to the W1/E thermostat terminal blocks on the control board but the W1/E on the equiptment terminal block did not respond. I was suposed to be 27 volts. But the heat pump just kept running (Y1 had 27 volts and never shut off in EM heat) By the way Trane zoning is not perfect but it's alot better than this honeywell!

go here page 16 right hand column.

http://customer.honeywell.com/Honeyw...ID=68-0259.pdf

[Edited by karsthuntr on 01-14-2005 at 07:38 PM]
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

thanks for the web site. Although that was just an installation manual. It doesn't tell me why the W1/E doesn't ever get energized in EM heat.

If you read it in more depth you will see it. It is not easy to understand and I don't think I can explain it well enough for you, or anybody else for that matter, to understand. It can be done. If you are still having troube give Honeywell a call, If you get somebody that speaks English they are more than happy to help.

Honeywell Zoning #: 800-828-8367

In all realty you really don't need the em heat switch. You can set the board to bring on back-up heat on after a certain amount of time elapses. The only time they would really need to turn it on is if the heat pump stops working. The HO can then flip the switch, unless the board is in a unaccesible position.

I called honeywell customer service. and to my suprise I got the answer I was looking for, and apparently they haved received a few calls regaurding this problem. I was told to connect the L terminal from the stat to the L on the TZ-4 thermostat terminal. I asked him what the L terminal was but he could not tell me. Does anybody know what the L terminal is? Anyways I'll give this a try.
    thanks Karsthuntr

L is light

What they told you doesn't make sense.

Smile

Hey cavehuntr it worked. I hooked up both L terminals from the T-stats to the board and put the T-stat in EM heat ( it only took one stat) and sure enough the system was spining the meter faster than I could get the other stat programmed. That wasn't in the installer manual. but thumbs up for their customer support.

See Honeywell is not all that bad.

Do you like it better than the Trane now?

no