+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a gun to high crime area jobsites ???

Post Likes
    I have a 45 cal. semi-auto Glock which, for the first time, i took with me to change out this furnace in a vacant home of a high crime area . The clip was pushed in the gun but i didnt allow a bullet into the chamber --- I was reluctant to do this as i hoped and prayed that i would never ever have to fire it at someone ; plus , you cannot carry a concealed weapon in my State. Anyways...i put it in the bottom of my 5 gallon white pail and put something over it. Had it close by where i was working in the basement. Each time i went out to the Work Van, i took it with me . No one approached me and i was thankful for that.

Do any of you routinely carry a gun to high crime areas when doing hvac ??? And, have you ever had to take it out ?

Post Likes
    See 9mm thread on this page.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Post Likes

pLEASE PLEASE CHECK OUT THE 9MM THREAD......

Sorry bout the yellin but theres a thread about this very subject, http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=2858
    with 2282 replys and 54789 views! You read every reply there fella! [wait till you get to the eye candy]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Screw the 9mm thread. He has a 45. That is a real pistol.

I take mine also

Post Likes
    I have took a 9mm in my tool bag to this one place

Post Likes
    'pLEASE PLEASE CHECK OUT THE 9MM THREAD......
    Sorry bout the yellin but theres a thread about this very subject, http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=2858
    with 2282 replys and 54789 views! You read every reply there fella! [wait till you get to the eye candy
    '

Didnt know that thread was about taking a gun to jobsites ; the thread is 176 pages long ! Can u give me the part abot the 'eye candy' thing that you refer to ??? Thanks

Post Likes
    That thread was about making a choice to carry a gun and which gun would be best for a gay HVAC guy.

Post Likes
    So what I carry a six battery maglite ha ha.

Post Likes
    Just do what I do... let your boss get you ticked off enough you look REALLY grumpy.. not many will mess with ya then lol.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by framehvac
    So what I carry a six battery maglite ha ha.
    Yeah well up here in Canada We carry 6 D cell mag lights !
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    I carry North American Arms mini revolver just about everywhere. I don't believe anyplace is safe, anymore.

Post Likes
    I have always "carried" or had my P89 or Colt Lawman III close at hand when in "iffy" areas. Even when the company I worked for forbade firearms, I was prepared.

I don't intend to do battle with anyone. I just want to be able to shoot some bastard in the back if he/she gets the drop on me, steals my possesions and is stupid enough not to do me in.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    if you carry a gun be prepared to use it. if not be sure to file down the sights, so it wont hurt so bad when someone sticks it up your ass.

Post Likes

45 cal

Haven't carried a gun since 1966. I've seen what they do.

Post Likes
    'Haven't carried a gun since 1966. I've seen what they do.

ME: Im sure you wouldnt want to see what it 'did' to you...so, doesnt it make sense to carry a gun to a high crime area jobsite ?

Post Likes
    Who needs to carry a gun when you can give them a Klein sandwich when they least expect it?

This goes for the little ankle biters too.

Post Likes
    'Who needs to carry a gun when you can give them a Klein sandwich when they least expect it?
    '

ME: Who would win : A 'possible' Klein sandwich ... or, a definite 8" long hunting knife by someone who knows how to use it and who wants your wallet/rings/life... like "NOW" ?

Post Likes
    I have not read any stories where people get held up with a BOWIE knife. Most thieves prefer foldable lock blades so they can conceal them.

I will stick with the Klein option. My bat speed is fairly quick.

Post Likes
    I don't run calls in high crime areas any more, but yes, I used to carry a gun when I did. It saved me once because I pulled it, chambered a round and just held it pointing it downward for them to see with my eyes locked on them. They did a nonchalant about-face and left with no trouble, without a word being said by any of us. I don't feel comfortable carrying a gun and haven't carried one since I quit working in those neighborhoods, but I know I might not be here now if I hadn't carried it then. And yeah, that fella who said don't carry it if you ain't gonna use it was right. If those thugs hadn't left I'd have used mine. I'm sure it would have changed my life, but not as much as them killing ME

Post Likes

Carrying a gun to high crime area jobsites ???

Contractors are not allowed to carry guns on school property here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in