Hybrid View

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums. I am a web designer for a medium sized HVAC/R distributor. I'm trying to redesign our site but since I'm behind my computer all day long, I have very little interaction with the people actually viewing my website - you (hopefully).

What would you consider to be the perfect HVAC/R website? What things would be most useful for you to see or have access to? What things have you seen on related sites that seem useless or annoying to you? What would make you return to an HVAC website on a regular basis?

Thanks so much for your help!

The perfect HVAC/R website would be, you log on and it does your service calls by phone. Then I could sleep late.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Wink

ah, but then I'd be making the big bucks instead of you

Only thing I use vendor websites for is order entry. The easier the better. Several local vendors use Eclipse and that seems to work well. If you don't have a catalog with catalog numbers to order from, make the search as easy as possible.

do you have a link to your web site that we can check out

I didn't think that was allowed

I thought I read something about not posting your own links. Our site has been mentioned somewhere on these forums at least once. Someone liked all the links to suppliers on our site. I'm trying to add a bunch more since I know people are using them.

BaldLoonie: Thanks for the response. Order entry will be one of my first projects. Inventory inquiries as well.

Go to your profile & make your website as your homepage.