Carrier P-tech

Thread: Carrier P-tech

Mod# 52PQB515301RE Ser# 1503X43165
    Units are 2 years old the last cold spell we had here -5 to -10 deg units were going from heat punmp mode to elect. heat, here is where I think the problem started.
    Problem no heat call,found that K2 relay will not energize with K2A1 relay. The back of board on the solder line to the K2 relay shows signs of burning, 4 boards on diffrent units in 1 week. Carrier has yet to get back with me on this. New Boards have been working ok owner is pissed that he has to pay for boards, has anyone else had this problem before

Why is owner paying for boards? Unit has a 5 year parts warranty.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying the compressor shuts off and only the strips run when it gets cold. If so that is the way they are suppose to work. These units do not have a way to mechanically defrost. When the temperature of the outdoor coil gets to @28degrees, a thermostat cuts off the compressor and runs strip heat only until the outdoor coil warms back up. If this is what your unit is doing, you do not have a board problem.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

plain spoken
    you are correct on how it works the problem is when it drops below the 28 deg mark we have no heat because of the k2 relay not energizing, as far as warranty I was told 1 year on everything and 5 on compressor ??? was I told wrong and like I stated before replacing board corrects problems unit takes off and runs elect. heat no problem

Ok, I misunderstood on the symptoms. Yes, 5 years on all parts.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.