Thread: WEB CNTRL

Has anyone been using ALC's Web CNTRL? We are using Supervision 2.6 and it has been great. The modules hardly ever go down and the program seems good. We were trying to upgrade but want more info.

We've been on Web Control for a couple years now and it's been really reliable. It's a 20 story Class A building and it controls building, lobby and static pressures almost perfectly at all times even under heavy winds. It can get a little expensive when you want to use bac-net to tie in something like a fire alarm system or such, but for the hvac control side it's been great so far, and the way you can build the logics you can achieve just about anything.

go for it

also suggest you to upgrade from 2.6 to 3.02 supervision
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

Thanks. We have an 18 campus complex w/ 1700+ units that are now run a central location. Supervision has been the ticket. We have cut our cost tremendously and are in the process of fine tuning it. Since IAQ and savings have been foremost we have been able do some but not to the extreme that we would like such as intermitent fan cycling. We have replaced a few Metasys and Circon systems and the result has been very positive. Again thanks.

d big 1,
    Do I understand you correctly that you took out Metasys and Circon and installed ALC?
    If so can you tell me why.
    Thanks
    scepter

Sneeze and the Circon would go crazy. It was improperly installed, the vendor was bought out 3 or 4 different times causing support problems and it was NOT user friendly. The Metasys almost got some of us fired because it would just stop running mid-program and lock up the unit at the worst times. We had our ACL vendor design a better program and we have dropped our service calls to almost 0 on these units. Front end graphics were really nice to work with. The ALC has been so much more stable and we hardly ever have to call on outside sources for repair work.

Circon not easy to work with? I can hardly think of anything easier to use.

You had vendor problems, not product problems.

Probably right but that is all part of the package. When I am told that a tech has to fly in from Vancouver, that tells me there is a serious problem. ALC has been excellent so far because after understanding the system most techs here can do repairs which are few and far between.

d big 1
    The next time you run into Circon and you need any help please call me. I am about 2 hours away from you in Columbia and would be happy to help you. Circon is a great product and I am curious as to the problems that you were having. I also know that the Circon engineers would like to know if there are problems in the field with their controls.
    Thanks
    scepter

WebCntrl Graphics

This is the only place i've seen anything posted on ALC, so I thought i'd ask. I need to add a point to WebCntrl graphics, can anyone help me? Or does anyone have ALC info?
    Thanks

ALC Graphics

Use view builder..............they have excellent help files in WebCTRL that will explain everything in detail.