+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help identifying a cheesemelter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Need help identifying a cheesemelter

Need help to ID a mfr. No nameplate or info on this unit. Infrared cheesemelter in a Bennigans. I've enclosed pictures. Burner is 6 3/4" X 28 1/4". Unit is 36" wide wall mounted.

Post Likes
    If I were to guess I would say an old us range or maybe an old jade.....might even be a montague.....without any I.D. plate it is just a guess, but the knob looks like a us range type knob. Perhaps it is time for a new unit? I know nobody wants to hear that phrase, but sometimes that is the best option.....Judging by condition of the cheese melter and the fact that the unit has been turned into saute pan storage, it may be past its time.

Post Likes
    Actually it looks in fair shape except for the cracked IR burner. Most of these are close in size and can be replaced by matching up th size in a Allpoints catalog. Here is another helpful page:

http://www.o-reps.com/id110.html

Post Likes
    Thanks

Post Likes
    I too agree it may be in fair shape, but guessing at what burner it has is an invite to a legal Sh!%storm if something goes wrong. If you doubt me watch a trial lawyer in action sometime.....Unfortunately, that is what the world has come to.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in