+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti Virus Programs

Post Likes

Hmm

Never used an anti-virus program, never had a virus either. Knock on wood. Just carefull about the e-mails I open.
    Have got friends who get them all the time though, and spend big bucks fixing, and they have all the anti stuff

Post Likes
    Gotta go with Avg and zone alarm pro and ad aware and spybot.
    norton is like a big bloated whale that hogs sys resources and is expensive to boot.
    I also do backups regulary to a maxtor external partitioned 160 gig hard drive and my comps internal 160 gig HD is partitioned so if I have to reinstall the OS it won't destroy the data

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    Originally posted by drivewizard
    Never used an anti-virus program, never had a virus either. Knock on wood. Just carefull about the e-mails I open.
    Have got friends who get them all the time though, and spend big bucks fixing, and they have all the anti stuff
    That won't cut it these days. Just because your system isn't acting up doesn't mean some real bad stuff is operating in there.

At a minimum you ought to download, update and run Spybot and Adaware, and run through a few of the online scanners.

The reason your friends are always fixing things is probably because they discovered that they were there...
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by me75006
    AVG antivirus.

I wander what do they gain by giving away free
    antivirus software?
    Is there a catch?

Post Likes
    the idea is to gain market share by getting installed on machines, proving that you program is good and slowely getting the market to understand that you have a great product worth getting the upgrade version. It worked for me I paid for Zonealarm pro

besides I like avg its faster than norton and it is a lighter program to run and uases less resources to work.
    I have it checking incomming and outgoing email and up loads and down loads.

I will eventually pay for the professional version as I am gettting my moneys worth
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in