Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I never was or will be part of the 'Starbucks' crowd... I guess I am just 'not cool'...
    it's the only time in my life I poured $4 coffee on the ground, I don't get it, there coffee sux

It's also my fault for a lack of patients with ignorant stupid people.

I use to be like VCM, I wouldn't say anything. Now! I'm old and grumpy and I have no time for a-holes. If your being rude and your in my way, I am going to tell you in a loud and clear voice to move or I'll move you. I simply don't care anymore.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    it's the only time in my life I poured $4 coffee on the ground, I don't get it, there coffee sux

I use to be like VCM, I wouldn't say anything. Now! I'm old and grumpy and I have no time for a-holes. If your being rude and your in my way, I am going to tell you in a loud and clear voice to move or I'll move you. I simply don't care anymore.

Hey, two ships passing at night ... you are getting grupier and I am getting less gruppy. I used to always say something, my wife would say why bother. I would tell her and the kids the reason people are so rude is because nobody says anything ... so I would. Boy did that ever get interesting ... like the time I asked a guy if he was an idiot, I may have suggested to him to get his act together or get out ... he seemed upset, a woman in the line behind me said she wished she had the nerve to say something. I told her what I told the kids, someone has to put people like that in their place.

But, I'm nice now ... unlike you. ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I never was or will be part of the 'Starbucks' crowd... I guess I am just 'not cool'...

Get a new hairdo and update your wardrobe ... the forties look is out. ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Get a new hairdo and update your wardrobe ... the forties look is out. ...

Probably more line the 70's look... ... but I get the joke.

About 7-8 years ago, I was part of the leadership team of a large Church 'mature' singles group... nice way of saying over the hill... We called ourselves "40's plus"
    We would meet at Starbucks a lot to plan activities... lots of fun back then. I never did enjoy just going there alone though... I can find lots of places outdoors with WiFi if I need it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I'm sorry, it's my fault?

the only time I ever went to Starbucks, I stood at the counter for 5 minutes staring at a 12' x 40' menu board that was fairly confusing.

After 5 minutes of annoying the 16 year old gum chewing prima donna behind the counter I finally asked "ya got any regular coffee in this joint? Just give me black coffee with one sugar"

which she replied in her best California girl attitude, "whatever" and walked away.

sorry.
    Starbucks never has any regular coffee brewed. One would assume it would be easy to walk into a coffee shop and be able to leave with a regular black coffee. I guess they give priority to the little girl drinks. Gas station coffee is much more convenient.

quality time at the shop ... by my self ...

TMI
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by crackertech View Post
    TMI

Fap fap fap ... what the heck does TMI mean ... Fap fap fap ...

Talk about frustrating... I hop on the internet and waste a couple minutes of my life reading stories that some grumpy ass men wrote about their grumpiness!

I really do think people are getting worse and worse in general. I get to work in schools far too much, and it's interesting what can be seen there. Grade school, kids will sometimes hold the door for me, smile and say hi, things like that. Middle school... it's a bit worse, but there's the occasional kid that's not completely self involved. High school... man-o-man, if you run across one person (teachers included) who will hold a door when your hands are full, say hi back or anything polite in general, consider that the only person who qualifies in the entire bunch.

I'm not sure where kids learn it from, but it's obvious they are learning it somewhere... and they teach their kids that no one else is important... vicious circle.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Couldn't have said it better only to add kiss my azz with your damn lattes and frappes!

Oh, yes but we're much smarter!!!

Ventured into a BK a year or so ago,,,,,,,,just off the job and had a little dirt on my hands so headed in and washed up,,,,,,,,Came out and walked up to the young thing working the cash register,,,,,,,told her the paper towel dispenser was empty in the restroom. "The men's Room?" I said "what do you think?" They can't count change, in fact I've had them dump a handful of change in my hand and say "85 cents." I'll ask them to count it back to me and they look like you asked them to perform some horrendous task. I can't believe they entrust these airheads with a $2000 headset and all themoney in the place, and don't get taken all the time.
    Then the local bank. Guess our little small town bank is the new training center for tellers. Pull into the driveup window, want to deposit a couple of checks, and the new teller asks to see ID,,,,,,,,Huh? As long as the checks are stamped with a deposit # who cares who the guy is that's doing it? Guess I'm just too gruppy.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by uniservice View Post
    Ventured into a BK a year or so ago,,,,,,,,just off the job and had a little dirt on my hands so headed in and washed up,,,,,,,,Came out and walked up to the young thing working the cash register,,,,,,,told her the paper towel dispenser was empty in the restroom. "The men's Room?" I said "what do you think?" They can't count change, in fact I've had them dump a handful of change in my hand and say "85 cents." I'll ask them to count it back to me and they look like you asked them to perform some horrendous task. I can't believe they entrust these airheads with a $2000 headset and all themoney in the place, and don't get taken all the time.
    Then the local bank. Guess our little small town bank is the new training center for tellers. Pull into the driveup window, want to deposit a couple of checks, and the new teller asks to see ID,,,,,,,,Huh? As long as the checks are stamped with a deposit # who cares who the guy is that's doing it? Guess I'm just too gruppy.
    I remember in the 1980's; the banks would ask for ID to take a deposit... Still not sure what it was about... but it appears it is back.

I suspect bank employees are taught to profile... regardless of whether they will ever admit it.

The bank I do business with; the tellers at the drive through have been there for over a decade (not a typo). They know me by name... so I am sure I will not need an ID... at least I hope so.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

So, I just went over to get a coffee, I get in the line and wait my turn. The guy getting his stuff moves along and the next guy says wow that took a lot of time. He then starts asking if she gets to busy sometimes and tells her he’s not upset how long it took and how he feels bad because she is overloaded at the time. I start laughing, then the guy behind me said to him … and you’re making it longer. Then I really started laughing, the knuckle head stopped talking and ordered. I told the guy that spoke up that I had mellowed out over the years but I was just like him back then … and once in a while now.

I remember in the 1980's; the banks would ask for ID to take a deposit... Still not sure what it was about... but it appears it is back.

I suspect bank employees are taught to profile... regardless of whether they will ever admit it.

The bank I do business with; the tellers at the drive through have been there for over a decade (not a typo). They know me by name... so I am sure I will not need an ID... at least I hope so.

Back when I was a young guy I ordered a plain cheese burger at the McDonalds near my house ... the counter guy says what would you like on it ... I tell him I thought the plain burger came with everything on it. He seriously says no, it comes plain ... ummm, ok I'll have a plain burger then ... then it dawned on him, he did not have a sense of humor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast