Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Homemade Salsa !

well just put up ( canned ) 15qt of salsa today. The garden was very good this year. Funny though here in N. Tx. our cilantro grows in the winter months so I have to wait till now to make our salsa but it comes back year after year if we let it grow. Anybody else do any canning ?
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

sorry forgot a picture..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

made salsa (canned not fresh) for the first time this year. Turned out tangy not hot. I asked around and others said the same about theirs this year, no heat. Guess it was our weather this summer, not dry n hot enough for good peppers.

Recipes anyone?

I probably consume about a pint a week, very possibly more. I may do a garden this next year, not sure.

Here is my caso :

16.7 oz bottle of la costena ranchera salsa [el-fenix brand is perhaps better]
    7 oz can of diced green chilies
    may dice up some halepenos and toss it in or just put slices on top after dipping
    1 stick of velveeta, 2 pound stick
    1/2 stick of real butter.

walmart sells a 'crockpot' brand hi/lo small crockpot that holds this amount perfect.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

love gardening..few pics from this year. Any hints how to help my peppers keep there heat?

Awesome garden. Would'nt last 3 days in Tucson, maybe in the winter. Your soil looks fantastic and I can't believe all the green around your yard! I'm green with envy looking at your tomatoes.I hear heat comes from lack of water and lots of sunshine.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

MMMMMMMMM.I eat some form of chile everyday.Love it
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

good looking garden! We had an awesome one too. Hubby loves grilled green tomatoes. On the getting peppers hot I think it is in the soil that makes em hot plus high heat ! Right now the fall garden is getting under way. Finished the radishes and now have 1015 onions planted along with turnips , beets, Brussels sprouts & green & red cabbage.
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Nice job AC lady.

Up here I can't get cilantro to grow. I get very little green leaves before it turns to corriander.

My garden mainly consists of herbs. I do well with basil, tarragon and oregano.
    But I did start tomatoes from seed this year and I got a bunch. But with no cilantro I made spaghetti sause instead of salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Nice job AC lady.

Up here I can't get cilantro to grow. I get very little green leaves before it turns to corriander.

My garden mainly consists of herbs. I do well with basil, tarragon and oregano.
    But I did start tomatoes from seed this year and I got a bunch. But with no cilantro I made spaghetti sause instead of salsa.
    I love spaghetti sauce too. Hubby loves my homemade egg noodles. Better than the dry pasta any day he says
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    MMMMMMMMM.I eat some form of chile everyday.Love it
    Haha! I used to live in Tucson. This thread reminds me of Guero Canelo on the south side. I'm guessing you've been there? They had that grill full of peppers, and cucumber and green sauce. ummm. My wife sure likes gardening in Texas better, though.

Sonoran Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by catcher View Post
    Haha! I used to live in Tucson. This thread reminds me of Guero Canelo on the south side. I'm guessing you've been there? They had that grill full of peppers, and cucumber and green sauce. ummm. My wife sure likes gardening in Texas better, though.
    I eat at Guero's once a week, my regular order is one small carne asada caramelo, and a sonoran dog wrapped in a tortilla. I then proceed to the salsa bar for a healthy heap of roasted jalepeno's and chile jualito's and of course 2-3 salsa's and pico de guillo and roasted onions.....o my god I cant wait to get back home to go eat there.Will post some pics next week.Things grow better in Texas because of the humidity I guess?
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

mmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ACFIXR View Post
    I eat at Guero's once a week, my regular order is one small carne asada caramelo, and a sonoran dog wrapped in a tortilla. I then proceed to the salsa bar for a healthy heap of roasted jalepeno's and chile jualito's and of course 2-3 salsa's and pico de guillo and roasted onions.....o my god I cant wait to get back home to go eat there.Will post some pics next week.Things grow better in Texas because of the humidity I guess?
    Some Talk, Some Do
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast