For those of you who have installed, started or serviced York 25-40 ton Millennium units, what do you think of them?

What has been your experience with them?
    Do you have any comments or concerns?

at a previous contractor I worked for, 3 were installed at a new manufacturing building. YORK did schooling for us at our shop, certified us for start-ups, service, etc. The 3 there were constant volume, 4 stg cooling, 2 stg heat,w/econ. seemed like an overgrown rooftop, nothing too difficult to work on.
    Union Yes

York did the same with us they did the training and certification. So far after about 2 years can't remember any service calls on them.
    They aren't to difficult to work on.

I was recently certified. Good class. The new units will have there new control (Simplicity). Seems very user friendly, though they have not yet commissioned a unit with this control. "Apparently the electro-mechanical units worked very well. They commissioned some units with Johnson controls (Invensys?) Need a palm pilot and still may need to call Johnson Controls for some issues. Would like to find out how the new Milleniums with Simplicity controls works. Sounds good-- but you know how that goes.

Note to Norm Chris--thanks for some of your posts, I have downloaded some of your FYI links.

bump

Hi Norm,

I concur with hvac-alan, I look forward to your posts.

I havent worked on the millenium as of yet, not many in the area I'm in... but I'm still twitching from the York Sunline series on those frigid - 40 nights....
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

The York Millennium is able to provide mechanical cooling at outside ambient temperatures as low as zero degrees F.

Is also available in both variable air volume or constant air volume versions. The new Simplicity Elite control package is pretty neat.