+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scariest movie?

Post Likes

Frown

I love scary movies but have not seen a good one in a lng time. Whats your favorite scary movie? Know of any ones lately that you could not figure out in 20 minutes. I miss the ones that make your mind play tricks on you after watching them.

Post Likes
    When I was about 8 or 9 my sister was a teenager. She took me to see the black & white movie called "The Thing". When we came out of the movie it was dark, the wind was blowing, and the leaves on the trees were rustling.

We ran our fool heads off all the way home. Now all grown up we both still laugh over being so scared over a corny b movie.

I liked the picture "Goonies"

Post Likes
    White Noise looks pretty good. The scariest movie I can remember is called Witching Board. It came out a long time ago and we watched it in the dark during a storm. I was really freaked out by that one.

Post Likes
    There a few good ones, many John Carpenter movies are decent.
    M Knight makes very good drama-scary-sci fi stuff.
    "The Others" was pretty damn good, I think Nicole Kidman is in that. I'll think of a few more later.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I thought "The Ring" had a nice twist. The new "Dawn of the Dead" was good but there hasen't been any real scary movies in awhile.... or I just out grew them.

Post Likes

The 6th sense

"I see dead people" I was like Holy Sh!#!!!!! He's dead????
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Re: The 6th sense

Originally posted by spotts
    "I see dead people" I was like Holy Sh!#!!!!! He's dead????

I have to agree with you on this one. If you did not know about the movie ahead of time. It was a mind blower at the end.

Post Likes
    I like the old black and whites. They kept you in suspense.

The Crawling Eye, Alfred Hitchcock, The Twilight Zone

Post Likes
    THE EXORCIST
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes

The original

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Post Likes

Re: The original

Originally posted by rob10
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    I will second that........saw that movie and it scared the crap outa me.

My brother is 42 and to this day he will not talk about or ever watch the exorsist again. He said that sealed the deal for him the first time he watched it. He is a ex navy seal and he turns to a puss when we talk about that movie.

Post Likes
    Midnight Express.

Post Likes
    Ditto on the Exorcist.

Post Likes
    Yeah. "The Exorcist". I read the book before they made the movie and thought, "Now that would make a great scary movie."

"Sixth Sense didn't scare me but I had to put my socks back on because of the ending...it blew'em right off.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    Scary movies? Sponge Bob. Scary someone can make a movie that bad!

I'd say dawn of the dead was pretty good, best if watched at night.

The orginal friday the 13th, halloween, nightmare on elm street. Granted that was back when I was younger, but they sure seemed to get into your head good. But after a couple dozen sequels it lost it's touch.

Post Likes
    The Exorcist scared the crap out of me.

But there was another and I can't think of the name, it's pretty old and was about these 2 twin boys and one of them was pretty mean and pushed his mother down the steps and could see through the eyes of this crow that flew around. Ended up he imagined his twin because he had killed him also. There was one part where the kids were jumping from the rafters into a hay pile and this kid somehow made a pitchfork appear in the pile and this kid dove right on it.

Post Likes
    have to agree with THE THING

Post Likes
    I agree with the thing and another was tingler a third one was a space movie i can't remember the name but it had a robot a mad scientist and hot daughter. I'm old i guess, oh the night of the living dead was great to.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Blair Witch
    Tell me you went camping after watching that, definately played on fear of the dark

Post Likes
    mattm your movie was "the other" vmc1161 your movie was "forbidden planet" my choice is "jeepers creepers"
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in