Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ambient +126 is just one check, you still need to check your coils, air flow.

Comfortmaker use to use ambient + 127.

It works when all other variables are also corrrect.

No one measurement, or check can verify proper operation of any unit.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

People,People, ok look Ive been takeing discharge line temps lately and i find that it depends alot on ambient and load conditions and the type and style of compressor the type of unit ect in arizona we work on Goettls mostly (I will post some pics of these and data info for those of you who have no idea what one is) anyway when i take hgt from them they vary so dramatically from home to home in just 10-30 min time ( the time to drive and set up from one unit to another)I can work on a goettl and get 165-185, then go work on a carrier and get 150-177 with no change in temp or from a goettl with a recip and get 155-180 and go to a scroll and get 165-185or 190 so is that accurate i dont know i cant see how althoughi take the reading just to insure how hot my compressor is running knowing that i cant be over 225 that is my concern i have come on some that are running 222-225 with a head pressure of about 420 this makes sence but i did come accross one recently that the compressor disch was 235 and head was 300 we pulled that compressor it was a scroll and had been running like that for awhile after talking to another tech. so as for HGT forget it it is a rule of thumb as far as i can see if a manufacture says to use it it cant be right, he cant possibly test that in every type style and config of unit under those odd and extreem load conditions, not to mention if you carge by that my god , what if you miss a plugged filter or coil and call it low on charge( we have seen this i know , right senior techs?)so please we all know or should know that S/H and S/C tell us right where are liquid levels are in the coil that is the most important tool we could have.We also know it works stick to it till they come out with a more superior way of seeing inside the unit.

Acdude, are you taking these readings in heat or cool mode.

125+ambient is for heat pump in heat mode.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12