Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused

I have a Trane Thermostat, Model #: BAYSENS019B

I have been reading through the forums and have found information on how to lock the keypad. Can anyone tell me how to unlock the keypad.

Thanks a million.

I could tell you but if you have one there should be instructions to tell you this. For all I know you may be the reason they locked it.

do the same thing to unlock.

"- / +" keys simultaneously for four seconds.

Thanks for your quick replies. I forgot to mention thatI do have a copy of the manual.

I tried unlocking the keypad by pressing the '+/-' already as the manual states, as seen below. Unfortunately this did not unlock the keypad. What am I doint wrong?

"14. Keypad Lockout: This option allows the user to enable the keypad lockout function. (Lockout keypad by
    pressing + and - keys simultaneously for 4 sec.)"

I got the +/- key trick to work. Another question, How do you go into the options menu to switch the display from showing F to C?

Talking

go to the section in the manual you have and pik the correct language or pay a pro.

Oh, I'm sorry Ron and Trane. I thought that this forum was to help people with their HVAC issues and to exchange information. I guess that it is just a place for you 'pros' to come and drive others away.

It's *******s like you (Ron and Trane) that give pros a bad name. At least 90% of the trades people out there are professional hard working people. It's unfortunate that there are people like you two who ruin it for the honest hard working people. If you don't want to be helpful, either shutup or don't bother reading at all. The world will be a much better place without you.

Originally posted by hjana1978
    It's *******s like you (Ron and Trane) that give pros a bad name. At least 90% of the trades people out there are professional hard working people. It's unfortunate that there are people like you two who ruin it for the honest hard working people. If you don't want to be helpful, either shutup or don't bother reading at all. The world will be a much better place without you.
    I don't know what I said to get you so p1ssed. By looking at your information you provided I can't tell if your a homeowner or a twelve year old wanting to unlock all your schools thermostats. All i'm saying is if you have the thermostat you should have the manual and if you can read instructions given here (by nice folks) you could just as easily read the instructions you already have.

WHOA!

Originally posted by hjana1978
    You got your answer. It would of been beter to just go away then stirring the pot.

You still haven't answered the question if you were authorized to be messing with the stat.

The option you are looking for may be in an installer setup menu. Most operators are not welcomed in that menu because they screw up other settings.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

dont you people have anything beter to do

Yes, I gave my wife a nice long back rub and this guy's t-stat problem didn't phase me a bit.

Now she is asleep and I'm here again.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast