Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ok, I have the answer. We should nail their balls to a stump and push them over backwards

ok that may not work on the ladies.............so I only solved half the problem
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ok, I have the answer. We should nail their balls to a stump and push them over backwards

ok that may not work on the ladies.............so I only solved half the problem
    I am not sure I want to hear how to handle the ladies...

I do think if one gives a liberal enough rope, they will hang themselves... all I have to do is hand out rope and watch...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I would counter that if the person running for office is not professional enough to know his/her responsibilities... why would you vote for him/her? It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who does their job and who does not.

The point of folks SERVING the public as representatives is they do what is right BECAUSE it is right... not because someone is looking over their shoulder. It is called integrity.... something I think few folks understand anymore... sad!

I want a system where there is literally NO gain for serving (no money, no power, no fame, no nothing). That way, only folks that want the best for the country will run.
    I guess I just don't understand how someone can take that much time out of their lives with no paycheck. But, that's because I NEED mine--such as it is being the owner's old lady--and don't lead a life of leisure.

Why would we not pay someone for a job well done? I thought that was the American way? Currently we overpay them for the f'n they give the American people which is in no way the way it should be. But to be insistent that a JOB be for no reward monetarily is asking that only those without monetary needs (rich, well off, etc) need apply. Or do you expect their spouse to support them throughout their 'community service'?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Oh, and giving no salary for the job doesn't make it so that only those that want the best for the country will run. It will however insure that megamillionaires that need no money but want power over everyone would be more likely shoe-ins to the positions.

Maybe ole George Soros?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand how someone can take that much time out of their lives with no paycheck. But, that's because I NEED mine--such as it is being the owner's old lady--and don't lead a life of leisure.

Why would we not pay someone for a job well done? I thought that was the American way? Currently we overpay them for the f'n they give the American people which is in no way the way it should be. But to be insistent that a JOB be for no reward monetarily is asking that only those without monetary needs (rich, well off, etc) need apply. Or do you expect their spouse to support them throughout their 'community service'?
    I have known many folks over my life (almost 60 now) who started with nothing more than ambition and energy. They worked hard and took advantage of opportunities. They grew and wisely learned how to grow their financial position. When they got to 50-ish, they had more than enough $$ to live on the rest of their lives... due to wise investing and a thorough understanding of finance.

The person that can run a small business is very different than the person that can run a fortune 500 company. And few Fortune 500 guys/gals are anywhere near good enough to handle congress or the Presidentcy. I want only the BEST of the BEST up there... and I want them not interested in career, income, or power... I want them ONLY interested in what is good for the WHOLE country... no exceptions.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Oh, and giving no salary for the job doesn't make it so that only those that want the best for the country will run. It will however insure that megamillionaires that need no money but want power over everyone would be more likely shoe-ins to the positions.

Maybe ole George Soros?
    George Soros is about as qualified as my pet dog...

I really think you are not understanding what I am saying... Tell you what: Do some reading and tell me what made the early presidents of this country great? I am speaking of Washington, Madison, Adams, Jefferson, etc?

Take a hard look at their ideals and integrity. Look at their goals of life. Look at how they viewed SERVING the country. Look at their view of what would make this country great.

Then compare this to the goals, views, etc of the current crop of polecats... both parties. Tell me what you see as the same and different.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

you want the best and smartest people to run for office.

Easy! Make it a law that opposing candidates can not disparage an opponents family.

I think most of the reasons that the best people don't run for office is they (we) all have skeletons in the closet.

Take Collin Powell, he refused to run for office to protect his wife from media scrutiny (at least thats part of why he refused to run)
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you want the best and smartest people to run for office.

Easy! Make it a law that opposing candidates can not disparage an opponents family.

I think most of the reasons that the best people don't run for office is they (we) all have skeletons in the closet.

Take Collin Powell, he refused to run for office to protect his wife from media scrutiny (at least thats part of why he refused to run)
    MeThinks if the public was not 'tabloid oriented'... the media would not print gossip. But dirt sells.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123