Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rangel guilty....DUH!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/11/...earing/?hpt=T2

So, what now? I just love this quote:
    "Fifty years of public service is on the line. And I truly believe that I am not being treated fairly," he declared. "I deserve a lawyer."

Maybe he should have thought of his years of 'public service' while breaking the law?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Doesn't say much for the district that he represents when they keep electing him to office. Sort of like our queen Sheila Jackson Lee. They bring in the pork to their entitlement districts, so they keep getting re-elected. How do you spell TERM LIMITS?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/11/...earing/?hpt=T2

So, what now? I just love this quote:
    "Fifty years of public service is on the line. And I truly believe that I am not being treated fairly," he declared. "I deserve a lawyer."

Maybe he should have thought of his years of 'public service' while breaking the law?
    A public servant should be held to higher standards because of the public trust.

They should throw the bum into jail and throw away the key.

This is the tip of the iceberg for this thief.

like most NY politicians, this jerk is arrogant and thinks he's entitled to a "pass" because he thinks he served the people.

He WROTE THE TAX CODE HE BROKE.

why he thinks he deserves a "pass" is beyond me.

arrogant jerk
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

The idiot is screaming about not having time to obtain counsel. He must've gone into a time warp over the last 3 months.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Slap on the hand is all hes gonna get. Folks should be outraged at that.

Took a lot of money to bring up those charges....They should make him pay all costs of the investigation and hearing....including paying for all that bottled water.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

He should spend the rest of his live in jail, or maybe longer!

Any comments from Al Sharpton??? Yea right !

Lessee;

TERM LIMITS (max 2 terms, NO exceptions)

MUST have primary residence in the district one represents for 10 years before running for office

TOTAL compensation for serving will be $1/year with no benefits package

NO special benefits (congresscritters have to be involved in Obamacare and SS)

NO exemption from any laws citizens are required to follow

NO special retirement package and NO special healthcare package

NO exemption from TSA scanning/searches and MUST ride public transportation (NO private govt transportation other than AF one).

NO employment in Wash DC after retiring from congress (not eligible to become a lobbyist)

And IMO: anyone running for office has to show proof they have run a business successfully. Reason is that only folks that understand keeping the checkbook in the black are allowed to make the rules.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Lessee;

MUST have primary residence in the district one represents for 10 years before running for office

NO exemption from TSA scanning/searches and MUST ride public transportation (NO private govt transportation other than AF one).

NO employment in Wash DC after retiring from congress (not eligible to become a lobbyist)

And IMO: anyone running for office has to show proof they have run a business successfully. Reason is that only folks that understand keeping the checkbook in the black are allowed to make the rules.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Lessee;

+2
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

I'd say they do need a fair living wage or you open yourself up to two things--MAJOR corruption (more than now even!) and only Rich people being able to serve. BUT, the job should be compensated by how they work. If they miss votes or don't do committee work then they don't get paid.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I'd say they do need a fair living wage or you open yourself up to two things--MAJOR corruption (more than now even!) and only Rich people being able to serve. BUT, the job should be compensated by how they work. If they miss votes or don't do committee work then they don't get paid.
    Interesting thought Ms Reb...

My reasoning for the compensation (lac of it) is that folks should already have 'made their $$$' before they go into 'public SERVICE'... the emphasis on "serving" the public... as in not there for my gain and not there for a career.

IMO only the folks that have already made their money; and are doing it for the betterment of the country (read that to make it a better place for the grandkids) should be making the rules...
    IMO the end result would be folks that have the wisdom of many years of experience... not a bunch of kids with bright ideas that have not been tested yet. (In this regard, I would classify our current POTUS as a kid... because he is testing his bright ideas OJT).

IMO there is nothing like experience... and I really do NOT want a kid making the rules... ONLY an adult that has 'been there' long enough to understand what does and does not work... and more important; WHY!

OK, rant off...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast