Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Here are the facts...

2010 - recently, my neighbor called to inform me that he was awoken at 4am by one of the nuts. The nut was beating on the side door of his home...slowly at first and then progressively louder.
    The police were called and arrested the man for trespassing. When questioned by detectives, he stated that he wanted to make love to my neighbors wife and was knocking on the door because thats what a gentleman does.
    The man is schizophrenic and had not eatin or takin his meds in 3 days.
    Isn't it nice to know that if the woman answered the door and was raped, all that would happen is the "nut" gets put back in an institution while your neighbor has to piece back together her life and will never be the same again.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Look acmanko, this is not about you or your mental shortcomings. This is about whats right and wrong.
    We would do the same for you if you were living in the house, so dont be jealous.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Isn't it nice to know that if the woman answered the door and was raped, all that would happen is the "nut" gets put back in an institution while your neighbor has to piece back together her life and will never be the same again.
    Yep...and the scary part is that he is his own ward and has no family members...so essentially, he can sign himself out of the hospital.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Look acmanko, this is not about you or your mental shortcomings. This is about whats right and wrong.
    We would do the same for you if you were living in the house, so dont be jealous.
    You are the one making statements and on one hand and doing the same on the other, not me.. You are the one being irrational, not me.
    You see how its working. I already said a bullet($1.00 piece of lead) would be justice for the criminals you mentioned. What is idiotic about that? Other than you let your temper get the best of you and then spout off you cannot get answers when asked.

I agree they should not be put in neighborhoods, but disagree that they should be guarded for the rest of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I but disagree that they should be guarded for the rest of their life.
    Guarded, no. Monitored 24/7, yes. Just like children. When to get up, when to go to bed, when to eat, take meds, go out for a smoke........

"You are the one making statements and on one hand and doing the same on the other, not me.. You are the one being irrational, not me.
    You see how its working. I already said a bullet($1.00 piece of lead) would be justice for the criminals you mentioned. What is idiotic about that? Other than you let your temper get the best of you and then spout off you cannot get answers when asked.

I agree they should not be put in neighborhoods, but disagree that they should be guarded for the rest of their life."

Forgive me then, I guess I was just bracing myself for one of your liberal tangents.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    Guarded, no. Monitored 24/7, yes. Just like children. When to get up, when to go to bed, when to eat, take meds, go out for a smoke........
    Explain the difference, Please

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Explain the difference, Please
    The difference between guarded and monitored? Or the difference between those persons that obviously lack the brain power to take care of themselves responsibly, IE: mental patients and children?

"You are the one making statements and on one hand and doing the same on the other, not me.. You are the one being irrational, not me.

I agree they should not be put in neighborhoods, but disagree that they should be guarded for the rest of their life."

Forgive me then, I guess I was just bracing myself for one of your liberal tangents.
    There is nothing to forgive, no harm was done. It is tough sometimes for people to understand what I say. I'm not particularly good with words.

Totally stinks!
    Luckily I live on the edge of Milwaukee & we have a residency requirement for city employees. I want to utilize the market to upgrade but I'm in fear of moving into a mess like this!

Nothing but cops & fire fighters on my block!

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    The difference between guarded and monitored? Or the difference between those persons that obviously lack the brain power to take care of themselves responsibly, IE: mental patients and children?
    Guarded and monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Teacher View Post
    Totally stinks!
    Luckily I live on the edge of Milwaukee & we have a residency requirement for city employees. I want to utilize the market to upgrade but I'm in fear of moving into a mess like this!

Nothing but cops & fire fighters on my block!
    Sounds like where I live, a lot of cops and firefighters, but they are only required to live in the city if they take a car home with them.

I did some research on how much it costs to imprison some one vs how much someone gets for welfare.

In Michigan for the year 2005, the most recent I could find, the cost of imprisoning 1 person was about 30,500 per year.

For welfare, all I could find was an average for the US as a whole and depending on eligibilty rules the average was 400-600 dollars a month or a maximum of 7200.00 a year.

That's a difference of 23,300 a year for jailing someone. It's darn near ridiculous.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast