Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The problem is that it doesn't matter where you live. You can live in the best area and pay some of the highest taxes around, then all of a sudden you notice some nutters walking around on your street.
    This is how it happens...that state doesn't have to say a thing and takes advantage of loop holes they have created.

Lets close down all the mental institutions and just let the crazies run amuck. Thats what our governor Engler did in the late 80s.
    Now communities are faced with these transient homes for mental patients...sometimes criminally insane.
    Essentially, these people can do what ever they choose and cannot be held responsible for their actions...and we fund it through our tax dollars.

Its not good!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Guarded and monitored.
    Guarded to me in this context would be synonymous with incarceration (locked away).

Monitored gives these folks a little more freedom, they would need to check in/check out, let the monitors know where they are going, who with, and when they would return.

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    Guarded to me in this context would be synonymous with incarceration (locked away).

Monitored gives these folks a little more freedom, they would need to check in/check out, let the monitors know where they are going, who with, and when they would return.
    That sounds about right. I have cameras monitoring my front and back yards, and guns to guard the inside.

Id burn it down and never look back. Of course I would pray for their souls first.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Another...a very sinister looking dark dude would always borrow a shopping cart from the store to push his groceries home in. Glaring in contempt at any one that looked at him.
    Seems strange he wouldn't feel welcome.

This happened to a customer of mine. I showed up one year to do a PM on his furnace and saw the For Sale sign in the yard. He built a very nice home in a quiet neighborhood. The house next to him had several mentally challenged people living in it. One guy liked to show his winkie to the little girls in the neighborhood. One of them sat in a wheelchair in the driveway and wailed very loudly for hours in the middle of the night.

Worse than the patients were the caretakers who stood outside and smoked all night long. They would yell and scream, have friends over and basically party. They even caught a car on fire by throwing a lit ciggie in it.

Sad situation.

no, it's not sad. it's life in the city. some win some lose. i guess your liberal side feels bad for all the people whose homes have lost value due to all the foreclosures.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    no, it's not sad. it's life in the city. some win some lose. i guess your liberal side feels bad for all the people whose homes have lost value due to all the foreclosures.
    Actually, it was way outside the city limits.

My liberal side feels sorry for anyone who has the pleasure of dealing with you on a daily basis. Which, on a typical day, I am guessing is a bartender, a therapist, and a securtiy guard at Toys r Us.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    Actually, it was way outside the city limits.

My liberal side feels sorry for anyone who has the pleasure of dealing with you on a daily basis. Which, on a typical day, I am guessing is a bartender, a therapist, and a securtiy guard at Toys r Us.

At least you have a sense of humor. To bad sarcasm does not show up in print.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123