Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Editorial on neighborhood nut house

Here are the facts...

2006 - Renting family moves out of house down the street. Landlord takes family to court over some issues. Landlord looses case due to the testimony from another neighbor.
    As retribution, landlord then leases house out to the state which then turns it into a so called half way house.

2007 - 3 men move into the home. These men are convicted felons...one served 20 years for attempted murder-armed robbery, one served 10 years for being a pedophile, and the other served time for robbing a bank.

One of the convicts would always stop when walking in front of the neighbors house and look in her window from the side walk. He would always say hi or wave to her if she was outdoors...she would never acknowledge him.

Another...a very sinister looking dark dude would always borrow a shopping cart from the store to push his groceries home in. Glaring in contempt at any one that looked at him.

2007 - Neighbors attend council meetings to get rid of this sheit.

2008 - The state removes the violent offenders and replaces them with mental patients. These people stand on the porch all day smoking cigarettes and staring at passer bys and other neighbors on their daily routines.

There has been several occasions when the police have been called to the home.

2010 - recently, my neighbor called to inform me that he was awoken at 4am by one of the nuts. The nut was beating on the side door of his home...slowly at first and then progressively louder.
    The police were called and arrested the man for trespassing. When questioned by detectives, he stated that he wanted to make love to my neighbors wife and was knocking on the door because thats what a gentleman does.
    The man is schizophrenic and had not eatin or takin his meds in 3 days.

2010 - Neighbors meet with city council and the chief of police to see what can be done. The answer is not much....until one of them eat your child.

We are working to pass an ordinance that would prevent these homes for being used for this purpose in residential areas.

In summary - Be aware of whats happening on your street. My state likes to sneak these people in without informing the local community (under the radar). Those responsible at the state level are very combative when questioned and unwilling to provide any information.
    Attend council meetings and make sure they pass an ordinance to make scenarios such as this never happen in your neighborhood.

BTW, this home is 2 blocks from an elementary school, and 3 blocks from a middle school. There are tons of children around, many of which walk to school everyday, including my own.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

I can understand where you are coming from, but do you honestly want to tell a person what he can or cannot do with his property. How would you respond if the city told you 'move to the outskirts of town, your scrap is detrimental to our beautification project.'

Yes...yes I do want to be able to tell a person what they can do with their property. Such as, you cant use a home for a nut house in a residential neighborhood.
    These institutions should be kept in a commercial setting, with around the clock monitors, surveillance...and mine fields if need be.

something similar to a Final Solution no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    something similar to a Final Solution no doubt
    Final Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Final Solution?
    Yes, what the NAZIs did to the jews. They did not like how they used their property so they were put in concentration camps . Then the Final Solution was to let them starve to death, use for medical experiments or just plain out killed them.

What the hell are you talking about?...this has nothing to do with the nazis. This has to do with whats right and whats wrong.

Its wrong to place a nut house in a residential neighborhood. Its wrong to place your hand in boiling water, its wrong to drink gasoline....get it?

Oh, thats right....you suffer from the liberal disease, so you probably don't get it.
    You probably think that pedophiles can be rehabilitated and that criminal behavior is to be blamed on poor up bringing and there for the perpetrator is not responsible ...pfff.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Yes, what the NAZIs did to the jews. They did not like how they used their property so they were put in concentration camps . Then the Final Solution was to let them starve to death, use for medical experiments or just plain out killed them.
    Would you mind if your neighbors were a group of convicted felons, murderers, and child molesters placed next door to you by the state?
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    Would you mind if your neighbors were a group of convicted felons, murderers, and child molesters placed next door to you by the state?
    I'm just looking for an answer. I do mind my tax dollars being spent to guard criminals to the tune of 40-50 thousand a year. Personally I have no problem with a$1.00 piece of lead to cure some pedophiles and other criminals.

It is extremely liberal to put a person under guard for crimes committed.

So who is the liberal?

I also believe a property owner has the right to do with his land what he wants. Not having government say what he can and cannot do with it.

So who is the liberal?

All I can say is that your brain doesn't work correctly, and that it is futile to try and rationalize with someone of this nature.

I was taught never to argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Does this home have state monitors living there with the nuts? If so, why were they in dereliction of their duties, to have one of their charges beating on another person's home?

I'm not blaming the nuts, or the property owner here.

I blame the morons put in charge of the nuts. Find better morons to take charge of the house, and problem solved.

There is supposed to be a state monitor that checks on them every few days. But how do you force someone to take their meds other than cramming them down their throat?
    Also, anything on a state level in MI is so lackadaisical that it falls under the category of legendary incompetence.
    And the people the state employs are not the creme of the crop to boot.

Its all twisted, sick, and wrong. You never can get an answer out of anyone and are stone walled when you try to inquire.

Its like they know they are guilty of wrong doing and skullduggery and are trying to cover their arss.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    There is supposed to be a state monitor that checks on them every few days. But how do you force someone to take their meds other than cramming them down their throat?
    Also, anything on a state level in MI is so lackadaisical that it falls under the category of legendary incompetence.
    And the people the state employs are not the creme of the crop to boot.

Its all twisted, sick, and wrong. You never can get an answer out of anyone and are stone walled when you try to inquire.
    Kind of what your last reply to me sounds like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast