Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

Wow, great pics Don, where did you snag those? Not to make light of the situation, but it is kind of funny in photo #4 the people with umbrella's.
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

A friend of mine sent them to me by e-mail.

I'm sure that the people did not realize the seriousness of the situation. In the second last picture, it looks like some of them are smiling, probably just thinking they are going to get drenched.

HVAC Computer Systems

Yeah, I noticed that too, what a shame...
    That first pic, I wonder how big that wave is? There's nothing there as a reference point so its hard to see.
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me...
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Incredible pics Don. Those poor people had no idea what was about to happen. Unfortunately, most of them probably aren't around to tell anyone about it.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

I showed these to friends. A transplanted Norwegian in the bunch wrote back:

Yes, the pics are great, but several of them were published in a Norwegian newspaper a few days
    ago, and they turned out to be from a place in China where a very impressive tidal wave is a recurring
    tourist attraction 9 ( hence the linup of peoplr in " western " clothing and with umbrellas 0. The newspaper
    later confirmed that they had been conned by what they thought was a reliable source.

Sure fooled me! Maybe that explains why they are smiling.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    I showed these to friends. A transplanted Norwegian in the bunch wrote back:

Yes, the pics are great, but several of them were published in a Norwegian newspaper a few days
    ago, and they turned out to be from a place in China where a very impressive tidal wave is a recurring
    tourist attraction 9 ( hence the linup of peoplr in " western " clothing and with umbrellas 0. The newspaper
    later confirmed that they had been conned by what they thought was a reliable source.
    Aw geesh. Why do people do that? Man, you just have to be such a sceptic anymore. It's not the first time I've been suckered with Internet pics, probably won't be the last either. Oh well, interesting pictures anyway. Sorry to have misled you guys.

don
    HVAC Computer Systems

I never heard of a recurring tidal wave.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Apparently there are a lot of jerks out there who don't have a life and get their jollies by lying about any and everything. Somebody should feed them fiber in the form of a 10 foot 2 x 4.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by Diceman
    I never heard of a recurring tidal wave.
    We saw it on the tube a while back - it is incredible - looking at the footage it looks like the current is unbelievable - when we saw the special it did not raise out of the channel like the last couple of pics show - so it could be mixed origin for the photos.

Originally posted by Don Sleeth

Aw geesh. Why do people do that? Man, you just have to be such a sceptic anymore. It's not the first time I've been suckered with Internet pics, probably won't be the last either. Oh well, interesting pictures anyway. Sorry to have misled you guys.

don
    Aren't computers so nice???

Remimber the days when it took a guy several hours in the darkroom to even try to pull off a photo lie.

Yuma,
    What is snow? Is it that white stuff in a freezer?

http://homepage.mac.com/demark/tsunami/9.html

I got this link sent to me the other day. There are some pretty incredible before and after pictures. The destruction is just unreal.

Krista

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast