Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    We have a lot of FAT people that get dialysis at our hospital. Most are Native ( North American Indian). One of the reasons they get diabetes is due to the food they eat. It is high in fats and sugars. So why do they buy these poor nutritional foods? Because they are CHEAP.
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/4/900.full
    Ahh, Printer, so you're one of THOSE people, Huh???

The ones that blame everyone & everything else & NOT blame the person....

So, everyone's being fat is due to diabetes or bad nutritional foods ( caused by food manufacturers, no doubt ).

So, pushing away from the table or exercising to keep one in decent shape does NOT factor in in your world....

For me, you can make all the EXCUSES you want to.........but it still boils down to the individual person that ALLOWS themselves to OVERINDULGE .......

Very few people, IMO, are so totally handicapped that they can not be responsible for their own lives........they just don't want to...

Richard
    Lets get H.I.G.H. http://www.theletsgethigh.com
    Honesty, Integrity, Gallantry, Honor

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Ahh, Printer, so you're one of THOSE people, Huh???

The ones that blame everyone & everything else & NOT blame the person....

So, everyone's being fat is due to diabetes or bad nutritional foods ( caused by food manufacturers, no doubt ).

So, pushing away from the table or exercising to keep one in decent shape does NOT factor in in your world....

For me, you can make all the EXCUSES you want to.........but it still boils down to the individual person that ALLOWS themselves to OVERINDULGE .......

Very few people, IMO, are so totally handicapped that they can not be responsible for their own lives........they just don't want to...

Richard
    And it seems that you are the type of person that needs someone to blame. No I do not blame as a rule, I just look at what is. There may be a problem and hopefully there is a solution.

It is not a question of overindulging but how our bodies react to certain foods. Exercise can help but it is only one part of the equation. With many of our northern natives food can only be brought in during a few weeks of the year by truck otherwise it has to be flown in increasing the cost many times.

What Guisti found out first is flying is the only way to get goods into the community of almost 4,000 residents, 615 kilometres northeast of Winnipeg, at this time of year. The only other way is through a winter road.

Guisti said that's why food is so expensive there, including $4.95 for a loaf of bread, $10 for two litres of pop, and $12 for a gallon of milk.

Cheez Whiz is $15 a jar.
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...-47509682.html

So you buy food that has a long shelf life, forget about fresh fruits and vegetables.

But closer to home many on lower incomes have to chose between cheap food and rent. Many do not know much of nutrition and what they should be doing to take care of themselves. Blame poor parenting in the past but the result is the same. Much of it comes from a lack of knowledge/education.

I would assume you seem to think everyone entered into this world the same and where we end up is only due to the choices we make. I doubt you have much understanding of children that get beat as a rule, told they are worthless and will never become more than a piece of trash. Ones where mom or dad do not take an interest in their kids education, never mind their kids health. Take a walk down that road a generation or two and you end up with all kinds of social ills. The result is the mess we have today.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Actually But you are the one that thinks that if we both have the same financial reward from our occupation that I am to give you some soup from my bowl because you want to own a house and I want to rent, all other things being equal. As I had shown this subsidy to you from me (If I lived in the US) via the government does not actually increase home ownership. Your mortgage subsidy system resulting in almost equal home ownership rates as in Canada, a difference of 1%. (And no picking my neighbor's pocket to pay off my house)
    This is the sad part of your thinking..there is no way you can see past your point of view as to the extension of the benefits to all of individuals doing better for themselves.

We both belong in this world and have a place and purpose as do all with different points of view which are in between and to both sides of our understandings. But, the problems with this present US situation is that folks with your vision are now in control of the Government, the White House and the business world.

Ingenuity has ceased to exist, personal responsiblilty has stopped, drive and discipline has stopped and the good old USA is on it's way out to a level of mediocrity at best in the process of setting up a socialized system where one bowl of soup is supplied for all by some government who oversees most everything.

You just can not understand that the person(s) who risk home ownership, as one example, is producing a product for their community which feeds back to that community riches in the form of physical, mental, financial stabilities that extend into others and other communities for the good of all, including non-home owners and people of the poorest situations.

You can't seem to see that the tax base for the support of the benefits of living in a free society of the USA comes in the form of many ways and processes.

When home owners have a reduction in income tax due to home ownership or owning a business they are still paying their fair share to this country except not through the collection of money sent directly to our Federal Government which they spend as they see fit; but through the process of investing directly in this country by producing goods and/or services for their communities and/or nation. And that money that the individual invests in his home/business is spent more efficiently or wisely, typically, because there simply is no middle man (the Federal Government) that in itself wastes a portion through bureaucracy

We, as citizens, all pay to keep this country what it was. Having business exemptions, home ownership exemptions, etc. for income tax purposes is not a way for individuals to keep money solely for themselfs and selfishly for their own benefit, but to feed and stabilize their communities which creates strong foundations for all.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I want to know, EXACTLY, what I haven't seen ya'll answer directly before......

HOW MUCH OF A WORKING MAN'S / WOMEN's income should go to our government in taxes?????????????????/
    I'm talking about local . state/ & federal taxes???

How mUch???

15%, 20%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 45% ( AS MINE IS NOW ), 50% or what......

What LIMIT should our government have in TAKING our money....especially to give it to those that WON'T work for it???

I would like to have a concrete, absolute answer from you people who see no problem with the government TAKING our monies & giving it everywhere, a lot to those that DON'T....

No discussion needed....just absolute figures.

Richard
    Based on my limited experience, you are not going to get a straight answer from a true liberal.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Based on my limited experience, you are not going to get a straight answer from a true liberal.
    It seems true conservatives only understand soundbites.

I wonder what the conservative right thinks is a correct amount to pay in taxes, and if they can agree to one number.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    This is the sad part of your thinking..there is no way you can see past your point of view as to the extension of the benefits to all of individuals doing better for themselves.

We both belong in this world and have a place and purpose as do all with different points of view which are in between and to both sides of our understandings. But, the problems with this present US situation is that folks with your vision are now in control of the Government, the White House and the business world.
    People like me in power? How far back have I said the US has to go through the same restructuring that Canada did back in the mid 90's and live within its means.

Ingenuity has ceased to exist, personal responsiblilty has stopped, drive and discipline has stopped and the good old USA is on it's way out to a level of mediocrity at best in the process of setting up a socialized system where one bowl of soup is supplied for all by some government who oversees most everything.
    And I am for cutting out the subsidy your government is giving you from the pocket of another person. Or if it is not from another person it is coming from the increased taxes leveled on your industry causing it to be less efficient.

You just can not understand that the person(s) who risk home ownership, as one example, is producing a product for their community which feeds back to that community riches in the form of physical, mental, financial stabilities that extend into others and other communities for the good of all, including non-home owners and people of the poorest situations.
    Sure can not considering Canadians are so similar to Americans that we could be thought of as brothers. If I saw that you had a greater homeowner rate than we we do I would concede the argument to you. But as it stands our home owner rates are identical and all the benefits that having a high level of home ownership transfer equally across the border. The only difference is we do not suck on the government's tit to do it.

You can't seem to see that the tax base for the support of the benefits of living in a free society of the USA comes in the form of many ways and processes.

When home owners have a reduction in income tax due to home ownership or owning a business they are still paying their fair share to this country except not through the collection of money sent directly to our Federal Government which they spend as they see fit; but through the process of investing directly in this country by producing goods and/or services for their communities and/or nation. And that money that the individual invests in his home/business is spent more efficiently or wisely, typically, because there simply is no middle man (the Federal Government) that in itself wastes a portion through bureaucracy
    Home owners do not have a reduction in income. They are putting away money into a 'physical' bank account. In the future they can withdraw that money. By having mortgage payments tax deductible and therefor transferring your share of supporting the country's finances onto another you are not cutting out any middleman. The government just collects your share of tax from some other sucker.

We, as citizens, all pay to keep this country what it was. Having business exemptions, home ownership exemptions, etc. for income tax purposes is not a way for individuals to keep money solely for themselfs and selfishly for their own benefit, but to feed and stabilize their communities which creates strong foundations for all.
    I beg to differ. Since mortgage payments are tax deductible you have less incentive to pay off your home as quickly as possible. If you did not have the mortgage deductible from your taxes the longer you hold a mortgage the more it will cost you in interest payments in the end. Because you get subsidized for your home costs you have more income to sink into your house. And as we all know the more money available the higher the costs of goods go. So in turn the mortgage benefit increases the cost of buying a house. But since those dollars are coming out of another's pocket why would you care?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I wonder what the conservative right thinks is a correct amount to pay in taxes, and if they can agree to one number.
    And whether they take into account the costs of running a government. Hell even just paying of the debts built up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Thanks, Fixacr,

Thats was exactly my point.....

Liberals LOVE to tell us about giving to the poor & needy, the only problem is....is that they don't want to do it by themselves & want to MAKE SURE that everyone else does it too..........

They don't have a clue as to where it will all end & will not discuss, running out of other peoples money....

They will not even begin to contemplate the idea that more people are being 'supported' while less people are doing the 'supporting' & sooner or later, there WILL be more being supported than is providing that support.....

SO THEN WHAT DO WE DO???????????????(asking liberals, of course ).

Thats why liberals favor having the rich pay more, so that they can extend that deadline when everything WILL fall apart.

Richard
    Lets get H.I.G.H. http://www.theletsgethigh.com
    Honesty, Integrity, Gallantry, Honor

I'll tell you what you can do.

Get rid of all the birth control in your family. Have sex as God intended and start raising the Birth Rate so workers will be plentiful. Of course that might be to conservative for most and they will call me names and rant for awhile.

SO THEN WHAT DO WE DO???????????????(asking liberals, of course ).

Richard
    Just take a page out of the Canadian playbook where we made sacrifices in the mid 90's to get the country on a good financial footing. Britain is following our lead and a number of other European countries are also.

But being a country full of liberals (relatively speaking), what do we know?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I'll tell you what you can do.

Get rid of all the birth control in your family. Have sex as God intended and start raising the Birth Rate so workers will be plentiful. Of course that might be to conservative for most and they will call me names and rant for awhile.
    Why ace, what makes you think we would call you names? We like you. Your such an easy target to shoot at. you are unpretentious and can take in on the chin or even in the back with out losing it. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Why ace, what makes you think we would call you names? We like you. Your such an easy target to shoot at. you are unpretentious and can take in on the chin or even in the back with out losing it. Thank you, thank you very much.
    there's no use in getting all worked up over a discussion board

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast