Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

For you liberals............

I want to know, EXACTLY, what I haven't seen ya'll answer directly before......

HOW MUCH OF A WORKING MAN'S / WOMEN's income should go to our government in taxes?????????????????/
    I'm talking about local . state/ & federal taxes???

How mUch???

15%, 20%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 45% ( AS MINE IS NOW ), 50% or what......

What LIMIT should our government have in TAKING our money....especially to give it to those that WON'T work for it???

I would like to have a concrete, absolute answer from you people who see no problem with the government TAKING our monies & giving it everywhere, a lot to those that DON'T....

No discussion needed....just absolute figures.

Richard
    Lets get H.I.G.H. http://www.theletsgethigh.com
    Honesty, Integrity, Gallantry, Honor

Last time I checked both our countries have a progressive tax system thereby making your question illogical (In my best Vulcan).

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Last time I checked both our countries have a progressive tax system thereby making your question illogical (In my best Vulcan).
    Not illogical, Printer............

I want to know just how much of my money, liberals, would leave me with, while they support all of the people on welfare ( with welfare roles increasing daily ), or illegal immigrants ( who are also increasing daily ), increased government ( like healthcare ) & who knows what else liberals think would be good for our country.

I just want to know, at what point, would they scream, as the government takes more & more of our hard-earned monies away for CRAP idealistic, liberal, goals ?????????????

Or are they just waiting till we provide the needy with ENOUGH, so that they can quit work & become a welfare recipient also.....

Richard
    Lets get H.I.G.H. http://www.theletsgethigh.com
    Honesty, Integrity, Gallantry, Honor

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Do you do that mind-meld thingy?

There are and can not be absolute figures that exist on a fixed basis due to the fact that we have a republic where the people are suppose to have a say over all the rules and regulations of this country.

If we think the Feds get too much, we have ways to reduce how much they get through a voting process. It use to work for the most part but now we do have a country mostly full of people who are centered only on their own needs and not the needs of the country or their local society.

And this has show up very well in our Federal, State and local governments simply because we put them there.

Now what percentage should any government take? That also depends on the tax structure that taxes the citizens. We do have a tax structure that, more or less, favors the individuals that take financial risks, such as home ownership or running a business. So my $100 income could be taxed at a more favorable rate then yours if you do not participate in the building of America.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

15%.

There, I said a number.

If you're dirt poor, 15% won't be much but at least you contribute.

If you're filthy rich, you get to keep most of your filthy richness it to invest in businesses that hire people - people like me.

If you're me, you have a better chance at getting rich with an extra 30% in your pocket.

If you don't work, you should probably reconsider your life choices since at 15% redistribution, there will only be enough welfare for those who really can't support themselves.

If you would like a list of government agencies we could eliminate to get our tax down to 15%, you should start a new thread. Not enough space here.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Quote Originally Posted by maintenanceguy View Post
    15%.

There, I said a number.

If you're dirt poor, 15% won't be much but at least you contribute.

If you're filthy rich, you get to keep most of your filthy richness it to invest in businesses that hire people - people like me.

If you're me, you have a better chance at getting rich with an extra 30% in your pocket.

If you don't work, you should probably reconsider your life choices since at 15% redistribution, there will only be enough welfare for those who really can't support themselves.

If you would like a list of government agencies we could eliminate to get our tax down to 15%, you should start a new thread. Not enough space here.
    I've already started a thread like that. But posters on this forum would rather moan and groan than give positive input.

Quote Originally Posted by bornriding View Post
    Not illogical, Printer............

I want to know just how much of my money, liberals, would leave me with, while they support all of the people on welfare ( with welfare roles increasing daily ), or illegal immigrants ( who are also increasing daily ), increased government ( like healthcare ) & who knows what else liberals think would be good for our country.

I just want to know, at what point, would they scream, as the government takes more & more of our hard-earned monies away for CRAP idealistic, liberal, goals ?????????????

Or are they just waiting till we provide the needy with ENOUGH, so that they can quit work & become a welfare recipient also.....

Richard
    You bring up a important question. How much is enough? How many cars should you be able to buy working 40 hours a week? My car is 11 years old, should I make enough to buy a new car every three years? On top of that I live in a 1100 sq ft house by myself. Do I really need all that space and pay the city taxes that go along with it? Used to be a family of four or five grew up in a house that size. Now days it almost seems that you need double that. And granite counter tops back then? Who do we think we are royalty?

I remember as a kid we conserved water among other things not because of the environment but because every nickel and dime counted. Kids got a bath on Saturdays, eldest one first and the next in line with the same bath water. Lots of soups, vegetables that we grew ourselves (canned and froze to make it through the winter), the steak (Not like we had steak) that you would go out in a restaurant and have yourself would feed the whole family.

And a job that probably did you harm and shortened your life (walk through the railway hops from one end to the other, without touching anything you come out filthy from the air) but it put food on the table for your family. Any of this sound familiar?

So you are paying tax, boo hoo. What do you have in your life? Do you have more than the above? Have you ever gone on a vacation? Do you not think the wage that you are getting has been adjusted over the years to factor in the tax component?

Who is the lucky one? How many people would love to pay your taxes as long as they have your job? You do not like paying tax, go ahead trade places with someone. Give up what you have for the meager life on welfare. I am sure someone will be happy to take your job.

I pay my share of tax and do not mind. I know how lucky I am to have what I got.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Do you do that mind-meld thingy?
    Yes but it hurts my back.

We still have a garden (since I grew up with one) and hunt to supplement our meat 'stores' (since I grew up with that) and do a lot of things ourselves like cut our grass, shovel our snow etc. and no, we don't have a riding lawn mower even though we have a good sized yard. Why should I work to support others that won't? To support others that sit indoors watching their cable tv sipping a beer while I'm tending my veggie garden or canning my vegetables? To support others that run up and down the river on Saturday morning while I'm mowing the grass or repairing something around the house? Why should they worry, the have Action Groups (Like NECAC, the North East Community Action Corp) to winterize their house each year or pay for repairs to their furnace or a/c or even put in a new one.

Yeah, I'm talking about someone I know. A fellow and his obese wife that live just down the street. NECAC bought them a house and pays for work on it all the time. He is 'disabled' and cuts people's grass and shovels snow for cash for extra money. She sits inside and watches the tv (has to be cable, there's nothing over the air here!) and they have a pontoon boat, two wave runners, an RV and two vehicles. Neither one has a job because they are disabled...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I've already started a thread like that. But posters on this forum would rather moan and groan than give positive input.
    Hey I started a thread on the same thing a few days back. I think I got one post other than my own, and that was from a flaming liberal (no longer here). Seem to recall your thread was short on conservative viewpoints but at least had a few liberal posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    There are and can not be absolute figures that exist on a fixed basis due to the fact that we have a republic where the people are suppose to have a say over all the rules and regulations of this country.

If we think the Feds get too much, we have ways to reduce how much they get through a voting process. It use to work for the most part but now we do have a country mostly full of people who are centered only on their own needs and not the needs of the country or their local society.

And this has show up very well in our Federal, State and local governments simply because we put them there.

Now what percentage should any government take? That also depends on the tax structure that taxes the citizens. We do have a tax structure that, more or less, favors the individuals that take financial risks, such as home ownership or running a business. So my $100 income could be taxed at a more favorable rate then yours if you do not participate in the building of America.
    Hey Delta, miss your posts, always thought out. One question though. Why should you get a break on owning a home when all that does is makes you more wealth not the country? It does not build America but subsidies you with someone elses tax dollars.

I think all of the entitlement programs like welfare, food stamps, unemployment, medicaid, ect. should be cut back enough that it isn't enough to support someone. Maybe just enough to get by a few months, but would eventually not support a family or individual.

I too know people who have lived off my tax dollars for years without even a thought of going out and supporting themselves.

* I'm not a liberal.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast