Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Network 8000

Shipwreck:
    If the origional pass word from the factory has not been press enter. Then in user name type in USER Press enter again and as the password type in PASS. Ther is also another way into the system it uses the manufactured date and some other things. Been a while and forgot some stuff. If you do get in be careful you will be in Level 14 the highest level and can do damage!

Passwords

To all that work with the GCM's, there is a backdoor way in that will give you the level 14 access you are looking for, but for fear of the reprimands I would get for giving it out on a forum such as this, I don't think I will post it. As far as the old USER/PASS access, when I worked for Invensys, we always left this in, but bumped it down to about a level 6 access.
    I don't recall who mentioned the holier then thou syndrome, but I agree with you. I alway give our customers multiple levels of access, including the upper most level. The thing most techs seem to be afraid of is the customer being stupid, well, I can agree some of the time, but I give training on all of my sites and I give the high access to the boss and then work my way down from there. Our company has been in business for 50 years and I don't suppose we'll be going anywere any time soon, but I want our customer to have the information they need to do what they want with THEIR equipment. I was P*$$ed when I had an alarm installed in my car and I ended up having to go the alarm's website to download an instruction manual on how to change the features. I've taken that mentality into the field with me and I've had a lot of happy customers who call back when the need help or upgrades or new controls. I think a lot of techs forget we're in the CUSTOMER SERVICE field.

Hey I got news for ya, Network 8000 has no security in any of it's devices, all of them can have any level access you want if you figure it out, it's right in front of ya.I can walk up to any device and gain access in seconds, at any level. Do you know how to do this ?

Go Ahead

It's OK in this forum of techs. The problem is when the custodian, principal, or manager gets in and changes the static setpoint to 72 and the warmup to ON. Shoot

I'm not going to tell anyone how,and I am not talkiing about the time date stuff for GCM's ,,,,, there is also easier ways than that. Ecspecially at the device level.

Hmm You got me

Al right Fat Eddie, you've got me, I only know the date stamp pass, I haven't heard of any other way that is "Back Door." I worked for a company that took over my branch when Invensys sold all the branches off that actually went through the troubles of changing the user/pass in the MZ's and PEM's.
    If you really need the back door, e-mail me, still rather not open it up to everyone. Sorry, had it drilled into me and I have trouble going back on that.

network 8000

there is a password for gcm for level 14

I think you're about a year too late.

I can't hust give it out, I was told not to ,, so I can't.

Setpoint

I don't know anything about the setpoint question but I do know the default user name and password is user/pass this usually gives you level 14 access. I can change the passwords using the PSI software and match it to what ever is programmed in the MZ2 microzone. Try that and see how deep it gets you into the program.

fat eddy, if you are talking about the ASD devices like (MZ2, PEM, LIM, FLO2) then I too know how to get the password out of them. Like you said its actually quite easy.

But as stated above I am not about to give it out on a site like this either...

Originally posted by im_in_control
    fat eddy, if you are talking about the ASD devices like (MZ2, PEM, LIM, FLO2) then I too know how to get the password out of them. Like you said its actually quite easy.

But as stated above I am not about to give it out on a site like this either...
    Right, it is easy and it's right in fron tof ya,but I woudn't intentionally give it out either,

user=
    password=

Example; password for today would be "1826"

NOTE: Please don't give out information like that via this forum!

[Edited by BC1 on 02-16-2006 at 11:45 AM]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast