+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Network 8000

Post Likes
    Automated Meter Reading

Post Likes
    Biggest beef with DIRECT from most customers is POOR SERVICE especially on equipment leased from them.

Have 2 customers who have leased BURNERS on their boilers , had problems and response was non exsistent , I fixed 1 for them and the other required an ELASTIC BAND to correct electrode shorting out until DIRECT ARRIVED 2 weeks later.

Also had customers who ended up with DIRECT do to NATIONAL ACCOUNTS that they knew nothing about or had no input in the tender process although they had problems with poor service in the past.

In the recent CONTROLS buy up there are some GRAY areas they picked up a few additional product lines INVENSYS , ANDOVER , ALERTON when they bought a large controls contractor along with NOVAR when they purchased a small mech / controls outfit. They have lost a few of the experienced people and are hiring junior techs but charging BIG $.

The new utility metering IDEAS for Ontario are still in the planning stages and will most likely be operated by the LOCAL HYDRO utilities that are now trying to be self sufficent ( thats why we are being charge outragous $ for electricity surcharges )

[Edited by Control Man on 02-07-2005 at 09:52 AM]

Post Likes
    I did not know we leased burners. Our branch has grown huge in the last few years from I think 5 to 13 guys, we haven't lost a guy since I started. We do have some branch of our company under the DEBS name that is supposed to be doing only boiler work and are trying to do other stuff and they are really pissing us off, they may be the problem. Our side only does service and they are supposed to be giving the branches the controls training so we can do them also. The customers in our region get service within hours of the call being placed, my customers call me direct on my cell. Some of our contracts have it written in, four hour response time or pay a penalty. We do have some issues like any other company but over all I think we do a pretty good job.

Post Likes
    my problem with direct energy is in the "big fat company" area, they try to push out the smaller companies and end pissing off their customers with things like central call centres that the customers are supposed to call for "service" and then are asked for their account number, very impersonal service.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

It would seem that everyone is beating up on Direct Energy. I moved back to the Windsor area a few years ago from Toronto and in the last couple years I have switched all the outside contractors my company were using. I have used Direct Energy for the last couple years. I have gotten great service respons and knowledge from them. They have always been there to help with not only trouble shooting and repairs but also design. I only deal with the commercial side of things however I can't speak for any of the other divisions. Here in Windsor I wouldn't recommend any one else for HVAC work. Just my 2 cents.

Post Likes
    Shipwreck, I forgot that I have a friend in the area that could give you a hand with the Siebe controls. If you would like his information please contact via e-mail. My address is in my profile.

Post Likes

Shipwreck:
    If the origional pass word from the factory has not been press enter. Then in user name type in USER Press enter again and as the password type in PASS. Ther is also another way into the system it uses the manufactured date and some other things. Been a while and forgot some stuff. If you do get in be careful you will be in Level 14 the highest level and can do damage!

Post Likes

Passwords

To all that work with the GCM's, there is a backdoor way in that will give you the level 14 access you are looking for, but for fear of the reprimands I would get for giving it out on a forum such as this, I don't think I will post it. As far as the old USER/PASS access, when I worked for Invensys, we always left this in, but bumped it down to about a level 6 access.
    I don't recall who mentioned the holier then thou syndrome, but I agree with you. I alway give our customers multiple levels of access, including the upper most level. The thing most techs seem to be afraid of is the customer being stupid, well, I can agree some of the time, but I give training on all of my sites and I give the high access to the boss and then work my way down from there. Our company has been in business for 50 years and I don't suppose we'll be going anywere any time soon, but I want our customer to have the information they need to do what they want with THEIR equipment. I was P*$$ed when I had an alarm installed in my car and I ended up having to go the alarm's website to download an instruction manual on how to change the features. I've taken that mentality into the field with me and I've had a lot of happy customers who call back when the need help or upgrades or new controls. I think a lot of techs forget we're in the CUSTOMER SERVICE field.

Post Likes
    Hey I got news for ya, Network 8000 has no security in any of it's devices, all of them can have any level access you want if you figure it out, it's right in front of ya.I can walk up to any device and gain access in seconds, at any level. Do you know how to do this ?

Post Likes

Go Ahead

It's OK in this forum of techs. The problem is when the custodian, principal, or manager gets in and changes the static setpoint to 72 and the warmup to ON. Shoot

Post Likes
    I'm not going to tell anyone how,and I am not talkiing about the time date stuff for GCM's ,,,,, there is also easier ways than that. Ecspecially at the device level.

Post Likes

Hmm You got me

Al right Fat Eddie, you've got me, I only know the date stamp pass, I haven't heard of any other way that is "Back Door." I worked for a company that took over my branch when Invensys sold all the branches off that actually went through the troubles of changing the user/pass in the MZ's and PEM's.
    If you really need the back door, e-mail me, still rather not open it up to everyone. Sorry, had it drilled into me and I have trouble going back on that.

Post Likes

network 8000

there is a password for gcm for level 14

Post Likes
    I think you're about a year too late.

Post Likes
    I can't hust give it out, I was told not to ,, so I can't.

Post Likes

Setpoint

I don't know anything about the setpoint question but I do know the default user name and password is user/pass this usually gives you level 14 access. I can change the passwords using the PSI software and match it to what ever is programmed in the MZ2 microzone. Try that and see how deep it gets you into the program.

Post Likes
    fat eddy, if you are talking about the ASD devices like (MZ2, PEM, LIM, FLO2) then I too know how to get the password out of them. Like you said its actually quite easy.

But as stated above I am not about to give it out on a site like this either...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by im_in_control
    fat eddy, if you are talking about the ASD devices like (MZ2, PEM, LIM, FLO2) then I too know how to get the password out of them. Like you said its actually quite easy.

But as stated above I am not about to give it out on a site like this either...
    Right, it is easy and it's right in fron tof ya,but I woudn't intentionally give it out either,

Post Likes
    user=
    password=

Example; password for today would be "1826"

NOTE: Please don't give out information like that via this forum!

[Edited by BC1 on 02-16-2006 at 11:45 AM]

Post Likes
    Originally posted by techgabe
    user=bcfld
    password=

Example; password for today would be "1826"
    Dude that is ridicuous ,, how could you post that here ?

[Edited by TitleLess on 02-15-2006 at 08:19 PM]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in