+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Network 8000

Post Likes
    BC1, What's the problem with giving out this backdoor? It's a legacy system that they don't even make parts for? I can understand if it is a system that is still being made and supported, but thats not the case here.

Post Likes
    What so you mean 'password for today'? Is that calculated somehow?

Post Likes

Red face

Just recieved a box of PARTS that are supposedly " NO LONGER MADE " for a system no longer supported

He posted the FORMULA in his earlier post.

Post Likes
    Parts are available and they still make GCM"s ,,, everyone that needs to know that password does know it.

Post Likes
    I kind of KNOW that they are available and are still produced , also after doing BC since 1988 theres more hidden access codes for NETWORK 8000 and SIGNAL

Post Likes
    I can't believe he posted that here either. BTW, not only do they still make parts for them, but you can still buy the GCMs. So your mistaken there ...

Hey I got an idea, lets post the factory passwords for all of the control vendors while we are at it ... as TitleLess said "everyone that needs to know the passwords does know it".

Post Likes
    Originally posted by TitleLess
    Parts are available and they still make GCM"s ,,, everyone that needs to know that password does know it.
    Is there some type of secret club that we don't know about??
    If the only thing keeping a customer from leaving you is because you know a "secret password", that's ridiculous.
    If anybody wants the the backdoor, just post your email. BTW, I have the backdoor for Signal as well.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by im_in_control
    I can't believe he posted that here either. BTW, not only do they still make parts for them, but you can still buy the GCMs. So your mistaken there ...

Hey I got an idea, lets post the factory passwords for all of the control vendors while we are at it ... as TitleLess said "everyone that needs to know the passwords does know it".

Personally, I think you should post all backdoor passwords, that way the manufacturer will stop putting them in.
    I personally would never recommend anyone install a control system that has a backdoor around the security.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by techgabe
    Is there some type of secret club that we don't know about??
    If the only thing keeping a customer from leaving you is because you know a "secret password", that's ridiculous.
    If anybody wants the the backdoor, just post your email. BTW, I have the backdoor for Signal as well.
    These are utilities for emergency use, anyone else that needs access will already have a password.

Post Likes
    They are simply holes in security.
    The programmers should not put them in to make the techs life easier.
    The installer should give the customer high level access and let him decide who gets into his system.
    Too many controls contractors try to keep this stuff under their control when the system doesn't belong to them.

Post Likes
    Should have seen the pile of SECURITY / ACCESS GLITCHES when the NETWORK 8000 was in beta testing, about as secure as a screen door. Prior to that when it was NETWORK SUPERVISOR they went through the same stuff but did not learn from it.

Post Likes

These are utilities for emergency use, anyone else that needs access will already have a password.
    This thread cracks me up....This is exactly why proprietary systems are no longer incouraged...The secret club that locks you into their systems..OH.. my ...the backdoor was posted...It's for emergeny use..You Trane guys now what I'm talking about...If an MP580 is secured and you don't know the password to access via screen... what do you do?? Well I'll tell you..You call Tech support and give them the error code (####) and they will tell you how to get in...On a BCU it's a rolling password accessible thru Telnet...(oops, I shouldn't even be mentioning that)I once called an allerton rep and asked him for the general password thats given at start up (because I didn't want or felt like looking it up in binder of info)...He wanted a P.O for 8 Hrs. to come out and help me out.. Right... It took me an additional 30 min. and I was in.. Do I feel any sympathies... heck no.. This forums are to share knowledge and experiences...But wait what you are saying is...Don't share what is going to keep a P.O for 8hrs to do something that takes 2 secs. to do. BECUASE IT"S AN EMERGENCY>>> If a customer is given highest access and forgets password.. what are you worried about if you give them an alternate password with high access...This access points are being discouraged in new systems... what do you think happens on Telnet scans and access vulnerabilities on ethernet systems...

Anyway if a customer needs high access one of two things are going to happen...
    1- If there is a problem with configuration or programming after access they are going to have to call for help..most likely
    2- If they screw it up after access they are going to have to call for help..

Win...win...But the mentallity of "We are the only ones privy to it" thats the problem

TitleLess and others...If you are a rep of Invensys..Trane..Johnson..ect..It won't be long before YOU become totally dependent of Intergrators..
    or die a slow death being a single (sole) source control tech...

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THIS WAS THE MENTALLITY BEHIND THE ERROR CODES IN VEHICLES...Food for thought..
    IF YOU BUILD IT...THEY WILL COME!!!...

Post Likes
    Yeah I can see it now , Invensys, Honeywell, and Johnson all fall to whatever conrtol brand it is you are selling,,,

You're funny though and you do sound sincere,,, Kudos/

Post Likes
    You know what the irony in your statement is...

That I don't sell ANY brand at all...

As far as me sounding sincere...Thats because I am...

Your customers will like you more for job well done VS. trying to lock them in...

I prefer to buy a Chiltons or a diagnostic tool when the "Check Engine" Light come on..instead of depending on the car dealership to tell me my oxygen sensor needs replacement for $750...When I can replace it for $89..
    By the way my car still runs great..
    IF YOU BUILD IT...THEY WILL COME!!!...

Post Likes
    I give the CUSTOMER AKA : THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT / PAID for the EQUIPMENT / SOFTWARE the access they WANT , some want full blown , others do not , they sign a form based on what they requested , also notes that FULL ACCESS is available when they require / request it.

I hate to hear a salesman / programmer /tech tell the customer that it's their PANELS ( the control companies )

Post Likes
    ere is a scenario t at I ave ran into more t an once,

I'm at a factory, and t e ead maintenance guy senses some c anges coming ( e's getting fired ) e eliminates all of t e passwords from t e system except for is, e t en leaves, We get a call t at no one can get into t e system no one is familiar wit it. We go out punc in t e backdoor password and set up t eir password structure,,

If t ere were no backdoor password w at do we do ? T row out t e controller and sell t em a new one ?

Post Likes
    Your H not working ?

Theres away around the EVERYTHINGS changed problem

Post Likes
    I have some microzones that has a password and the tech quit and now we can't get in. Will someone please post/repost how to get access?

Post Likes
    Do you have PSI software ?

Post Likes
    just pull the file and edit it off line, the password willbe there,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in