+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Network 8000

Post Likes
    I have a building that has a Barber Coleman network 8000 controllering their equipment. I know that Invenysis is now Barber Coleman but what I am looking for is any info on this system so I can determine how the heating and cooling setpoints are configured for 2 air handlers with 30 dump boxes. The network 8000 is the one with the key pad on it and I do have a password to get in,but I don't know how far I get in. The system has perimeter hot water heating and uses the 2 air handlers for a/c and hot water coils for tempering fresh air. Any help or info would be appreciated. The dealer here in town is the only one around and is very hush hush.

Post Likes
    What controller is on the ahu? MZ2,GCS or LCM. depending on which controller used the setpoints can be found.

Post Likes
    yellowfrog I believe the controller is the microzone 2's

Post Likes
    The controller with the KEYPAD is a GCM , networked to theMZII's ( MZII's do not have keypads ).

You may have an access code / password but depending on what level access was assigned you might not be able to do anything other than view current status.

Post Likes
    Your right Control Man, I've got level 6 only out of 14 I guess. The main controller is a GCM-84211-1-0-1 and the software version is 5.3A. There is 2 microzones MZ2A-105-0-1-1 and 2 Siebe micronet integrators to ASD bus MN-ASD1. Any info on how to walk through these would be appreciated. There is a 25pin hook up for a laptop but I would imagine that the dispaly is good enough. Is there a master code that I could get a hold of to give me higher access? My email address is XXXXXX if anybody has any info that could be useful. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

[Edited by lusker on 01-15-2005 at 12:36 PM]

Post Likes
    The DISPLAY will only show what is in the GCM , you need PSI software to access the MZII's

Depending on how or who did the programming things can vary.

Many use the MZII's as dumb devices , do the programming in the GCM and pass the info over to the MZII's other do the programming in the MZII's and use the GCM for common programming /networking this was the way it was suppose to be used as a STAND ALONE if GCM failed.

The CABLE is used for hooking into LAPTOP / PSI or for HOST ( older system ) SIGNAL graphical frontend.

Post Likes
    So Control man what you are saying is that I can't help the customer because the control company is married to them aka I'm screwed. Thanks for your help anyways. Next time I guess in the installation the customer should ask for the passwords, training, software, and manuals in the deal.

Post Likes
    Customer is ENTITLED to all of that , they PAID for the SYSTEM all that it includes not just the USE OF IT.

There is too much of this "IT IS OUR SYSTEM " mentality by the control companies / reps the customer owns it not the contractor.

They should have recieved a full set of MANUALS , a complete copy of the ORIGINAL PROGRAM , Training along with HI LEVEL ACCESS for their own use.

Things are just going to get worse for INVENSYS in Ontario after a recent purchase by DIRECT ENERGY , if you take INVENSYS way of doing things and add DIRECTS hollyier than god attitude.

As for your customer they should be able to get everything they are entitled to.

There are contractors who work on NETWORK 8000 that are available to do service / programming and work with the customer and HVAC contractors, we are just hard to find.

Post Likes
    I don't know about holier than god but we try! We bought the Invensys dealer in T.O but we can't sell the stuff in my area because of the London dealer who is giving Invensys a horrible name. There is a huge problem with controls companies not providing the software and the training to the customers. The last job we quoted,(and lost to invensys dealer) called for 30 hours of training for the on site guys by the installers. The engineers have to be very specific in the spec for these jobs and then there will be less problems. You are right our controls department has some issues.

Post Likes
    You bought Toronto , Kingston , Montreal , Ottawa . INVENSYS , ALERTON , ANDOVER + wholesale parts sales div.in 1 deal and got NOVAR in another deal.

Rep in London use to do good work did some schoolboard work with them years back.

Post Likes
    Has not done me one bit of good in Windsor yet but we will see.

Post Likes
    SHip: what exactly is the problem you are having? The heating/ cooling setpoints on an ahu can vary. The setpoint can be reset by demand, oa temp, warmup, etc. This is probably programmed in the MZ not usually in the GCM. Usually I am in the MZ and see a value being sent from the GCM, may be difficult to work backwards and see numbers going from the GCM to the MZ. You can get a password for a single day by calling Invensys.

888-444-1311

Post Likes
    You should have ZONE2 blocks in your GCM for each MZII you can see what is being sent from the GCM to the MZII.

In the MZII you should have EMS:1: for point value passing as well as WINDO: : for viewing info from the GCM

Post Likes
    Control Man can we correspond in E-Mail?

control_guy@hotmail.com

Thanks

Allen

Post Likes

Shipwreck password

B/C systems were first designed and built by American Auto Matrix and they incorporated a backdoor password that was kept in the newer systems. I think Network 8000 had this access even after they went their own ways. It's System AAM. While it's also possible to erase this also as I remember pulling the battery backup restored it. Maybe someone out there can tell me as it's been awhile.
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Nope. Tried it on a 84 GCM and it wouldn't work.

Post Likes
    You bought Toronto , Kingston , Montreal , Ottawa . INVENSYS , ALERTON , ANDOVER + wholesale parts sales div.in 1 deal and got NOVAR in another deal.

Give direct energy some time and their true colours will show through... and then what...

Post Likes
    HVT
    I have been here ay debs for 2.5 years now and heard the warnings when I started but have not seen the bad side yet. I am not near Ottawa but am interested to know what the problems are there.

The london invensys guy is almost done and I am impressed with his work. The invensys stuff looks pretty nice.

Post Likes
    You guys are talking the old Enbridge?
    What is going on with the Direct Energy buyouts?
    I wonder if these buyouts have anything to do with the Ontario commission that is mandating AMR systems.

Post Likes
    What is amr? Direct energy is trying to buy market share in hvac and lately in controls in Ontario. They also bought a company in Ohio and are trying to expand into the states big time. I have been there a short time but I really like it, we have our problems like any other company but over allthey treat us very fair and pay very well. We are ua but direct has additional pension and stock buy plans that are very nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in