Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Network 8000

Control Man can we correspond in E-Mail?

control_guy@hotmail.com

Thanks

Allen

Shipwreck password

B/C systems were first designed and built by American Auto Matrix and they incorporated a backdoor password that was kept in the newer systems. I think Network 8000 had this access even after they went their own ways. It's System AAM. While it's also possible to erase this also as I remember pulling the battery backup restored it. Maybe someone out there can tell me as it's been awhile.
    Tracers work both ways.

Nope. Tried it on a 84 GCM and it wouldn't work.

You bought Toronto , Kingston , Montreal , Ottawa . INVENSYS , ALERTON , ANDOVER + wholesale parts sales div.in 1 deal and got NOVAR in another deal.

Give direct energy some time and their true colours will show through... and then what...

HVT
    I have been here ay debs for 2.5 years now and heard the warnings when I started but have not seen the bad side yet. I am not near Ottawa but am interested to know what the problems are there.

The london invensys guy is almost done and I am impressed with his work. The invensys stuff looks pretty nice.

You guys are talking the old Enbridge?
    What is going on with the Direct Energy buyouts?
    I wonder if these buyouts have anything to do with the Ontario commission that is mandating AMR systems.

What is amr? Direct energy is trying to buy market share in hvac and lately in controls in Ontario. They also bought a company in Ohio and are trying to expand into the states big time. I have been there a short time but I really like it, we have our problems like any other company but over allthey treat us very fair and pay very well. We are ua but direct has additional pension and stock buy plans that are very nice.

Automated Meter Reading

Biggest beef with DIRECT from most customers is POOR SERVICE especially on equipment leased from them.

Have 2 customers who have leased BURNERS on their boilers , had problems and response was non exsistent , I fixed 1 for them and the other required an ELASTIC BAND to correct electrode shorting out until DIRECT ARRIVED 2 weeks later.

Also had customers who ended up with DIRECT do to NATIONAL ACCOUNTS that they knew nothing about or had no input in the tender process although they had problems with poor service in the past.

In the recent CONTROLS buy up there are some GRAY areas they picked up a few additional product lines INVENSYS , ANDOVER , ALERTON when they bought a large controls contractor along with NOVAR when they purchased a small mech / controls outfit. They have lost a few of the experienced people and are hiring junior techs but charging BIG $.

The new utility metering IDEAS for Ontario are still in the planning stages and will most likely be operated by the LOCAL HYDRO utilities that are now trying to be self sufficent ( thats why we are being charge outragous $ for electricity surcharges )

[Edited by Control Man on 02-07-2005 at 09:52 AM]

I did not know we leased burners. Our branch has grown huge in the last few years from I think 5 to 13 guys, we haven't lost a guy since I started. We do have some branch of our company under the DEBS name that is supposed to be doing only boiler work and are trying to do other stuff and they are really pissing us off, they may be the problem. Our side only does service and they are supposed to be giving the branches the controls training so we can do them also. The customers in our region get service within hours of the call being placed, my customers call me direct on my cell. Some of our contracts have it written in, four hour response time or pay a penalty. We do have some issues like any other company but over all I think we do a pretty good job.

my problem with direct energy is in the "big fat company" area, they try to push out the smaller companies and end pissing off their customers with things like central call centres that the customers are supposed to call for "service" and then are asked for their account number, very impersonal service.

Thumbs up

It would seem that everyone is beating up on Direct Energy. I moved back to the Windsor area a few years ago from Toronto and in the last couple years I have switched all the outside contractors my company were using. I have used Direct Energy for the last couple years. I have gotten great service respons and knowledge from them. They have always been there to help with not only trouble shooting and repairs but also design. I only deal with the commercial side of things however I can't speak for any of the other divisions. Here in Windsor I wouldn't recommend any one else for HVAC work. Just my 2 cents.

Shipwreck, I forgot that I have a friend in the area that could give you a hand with the Siebe controls. If you would like his information please contact via e-mail. My address is in my profile.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast