What do you think about Goodman quality?

GOODMAN GMH950453BX 95% UPFLOW/HORZ. 45,000 BTU'S. Does anyone know about this furnace as far as reliablility goes?
    Looking at putting this in a cottage that is 1008 square feet. Want a furnace because we will be keeping it open some winters so want to have a constant temperature to avoid broken pipes.

This seems to be a good furnace at a very good price.

Does anyone have any insight. I know the Goodman name wasn't so great 10 to 20 years ago, but have heard that has all changed.
    Does anyone have any insight, or even a better furnace they could recommend without spending a lot of dough.

Any help I would really appreciate.

Thanks, Dardyr
    Last edited by Stamas; 11-15-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Price rules

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Dont know to much about Goodman Systems, However they are one of the cheaper Furnaces on the market in some cases, a friend of mine has had one in his home for about 4 years and has had no problems with it. Heats the house good. It really depends on how much your willing to spend on the System, I would Recommend a Lennox Furnace.

or even a better furnace they could recommend without spending a lot of dough.
    Last edited by Stamas; 11-15-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Same
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

there are a lot of goodman posts around. good installation trumps brand. I think we are tired of talking about it. goodman is good stuff for the price. some of the pricier stuff is better. some of it is just pricier. you might want to consider a alarm or something as if the power goes off you have no heat. certainly turn off the pump when you leave.

Thanks for the insight.
    Dardyr

It would be ok for a crappy little cottage.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

That furnace should do a nice job. Make sure it's sized and installed correctly and your not getting hosed on the price. Goodman is the cheapest equipment out there.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Quote Originally Posted by Dardyr View Post
    GOODMAN GMH950453BX 95% UPFLOW/HORZ. 45,000 BTU'S. Does anyone know about this furnace as far as reliablility goes?
    Looking at putting this in a cottage that is 1008 square feet. Want a furnace because we will be keeping it open some winters so want to have a constant temperature to avoid broken pipes.

This seems to be a good furnace at a very good price.

Does anyone have any insight. I know the Goodman name wasn't so great 10 to 20 years ago, but have heard that has all changed.
    Does anyone have any insight, or even a better furnace they could recommend without spending a lot of dough.

Any help I would really appreciate.

Thanks, Dardyr
    a/c units 8.5/10 heating units 5/10
    Universal Technical Institute 2001 Alumni - Pheonix, AZ Campus