Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    What seems to be forgotten was that when Bush gave the tax cuts back then he did not reduce government spending. Just let the difference add to your debt. The government was living within its means until it reduced its means by giving you more to spend. Seems irresponsible in hindsight.
    True. But in times of war the USA has never lived within its means as the price of liberty and freedom is priceless.

During WWII most all manufacturing was turned over to the war effort. No cars were built between 1942 to 1946 dealing with a major car producer.

Every Sherman tank had a Cadillac engine sitting inside, which I've always found interesting for some reason. Most all airplane production went towards the war efford.

The government spent relentlessly and the public sacrificed to the extent of rationing even food for the war efford.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    (The American Farm Bureau Federation acknowledged to the New York Times in 2001 that it could not cite a single example of a farm having to be sold to pay estate taxes.)
    Family farms and businesses are already eligible for special treatment under existing law.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1965
    I guess it all depends on whole is keep track of these reports. And what their motivitation is.

I know of family farms located in the growth of large cities that the kids had to sell the land off, which is the business, in order to pay for the estate taxes. I'm sure this report apparently does not want to look at those situations.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

What is it that you two dopes don't comprehend? Can rich people afford to fork over some extra cash...sure they can...thats not the point. The point is when does it stop. Todoy its 250,000 tommorrow its 200k ....so on and so forth. If they are unchecked we will have a full blown communist federal government in no time. Everyone remembers "for the people" and far less do they remember "by the people".

Saying that... Corruption needs to be exterminated... be it the old financial guard or the new social elite progressives. They both can suck the end of my rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    I guess it all depends on whole is keep track of these reports. And what their motivitation is.

I know of family farms located in the growth of large cities that the kids had to sell the land off, which is the business, in order to pay for the estate taxes. I'm sure this report apparently does not want to look at those situations.
    I know of a few instances like what you are saying. But the hiers sold off the land not because they wanted to but because it became worth more to developers than farming or ranching could ever bring in. I used to work for a man that sold out about6 years ago and closed down his business because of the windfall.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    What is it that you two don't comprehend? Can rich people afford to fork over some extra cash...sure they can...thats not the point. The point is when does it stop. Todoy its 250,000 tommorrow its 200k ....so on and so forth. If they are unchecked we will have a full blown communist federal government in no time. Everyone remembers "for the people" and far less do they remember "by the people".

Saying that... Corruption needs to be exterminated... be it the old financial guard or the new social elite progressives. They both can suck the end of my rifle.
    We are not overtaxed. Right now the Bush tax cuts for the top 2% should return to 1999 levels and the tax cuts for everyone else should return to 1999 rates also in a couple years.

I took the liberty of editing your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    True. But in times of war the USA has never lived within its means as the price of liberty and freedom is priceless.

During WWII most all manufacturing was turned over to the war effort. No cars were built between 1942 to 1946 dealing with a major car producer.

Every Sherman tank had a Cadillac engine sitting inside, which I've always found interesting for some reason. Most all airplane production went towards the war efford.

The government spent relentlessly and the public sacrificed to the extent of rationing even food for the war efford.
    Well we are still in a time of war. Bush is the first person in history of man to cut taxes during wartime. A nice touch, war profiteering and permanent war with no sacrifice. Maybe we should go shopping?

Only and idiot advocates raising anyone's taxes in a recession when manipulated unemployment numbers are close to 10% and true unemployment and underemployment is approaching 20%. Keep taxes down and cut government spending, waste and fraud.

Hoepfully the new speaker of the house won't be wasting tens of millions of dollars flying around in a "private" air force jet plane.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    Only and ----- advocates raising anyone's taxes in a recession when manipulated unemployment numbers are close to 10% and true unemployment and underemployment is approaching 20%. Keep taxes down and cut government spending, waste and fraud.

Hoepfully the new speaker of the house won't be wasting tens of millions of dollars flying around in a "private" air force jet plane.
    LOL. Cutting spending in a recession is a stroke of genius. The return of tax rates to 1999 levels would only be for the people least likely to spend it. It is nice to see people concerned with the real unemployment rate. Funny thing is they never were before. Nancy Pelosi received nothing different than what was offered to Hastert. She wanted to fly commercial and couldn't and only requested to be able to fly nonstop.
    As far as waste and fraud we should ask the new govenor of Fla. to head that up since his company was guilty of the largest Medicare fraud case in history.

Again I took the liberty of editing the quote above.

Nancy had to fly militar yet the income speaker has stated he will fly commercial - very interesting!

So now our tax policy should be to give money to those that want to spend it is what you are suggesting. That is as bad as our government that spends money it does not have.

It is time for the Federal government to operate like 49 states, all municipalities and every company and every person must -- with a balanced budget where you don't spend what you don't have. Further, they should not be able to raise their income without voters approving it.

Most government programs waste huge quanities of money and need to be cut. Maybe if we paided the managers of these programs on how effective and efficient they were run we could end the corruption and waste.

Just so everyone here knows.....we do not allow editing of someone else's text that you quote. When you do, it makes it appear that the OP posted something different from his original post.

If you quote it, leave it as the OP wrote it. I realize that some spell check programs auto-correct, we'll look over that. But no changing words.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Just so everyone here knows.....we do not allow editing of someone else's text that you quote. When you do, it makes it appear that the OP posted something different from his original post.

If you quote it, leave it as the OP wrote it. I realize that some spell check programs auto-correct, we'll look over that. But no changing words.
    I took out "idiot" and "dopes". I was told not to quote posts with language like that. I also indicated what I did hoping the author would change it lol. I did not change any words. So it is ok to use this language?

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    And who said they only work one hour a week. I spent three years working in Academia and most put in more than 40 hrs a week. I taught 21 hrs a week (class time) and spent double that between preparing for lectures, making up/marking exams, meeting with students, developing labs, putting in for funding to keep the lab equipment relevant to industry...
    You, my friend, must be the exception to the rule. I spent 4 years at the University of Indiana. I Actually wanted to be a History teacher. Most of my profs had 2 hours a week in the office and some taught as few as one class
    a week. The worst were the Psychology and Sociology profs. Also, had a Philosophy prof who showed up for about 3 classes one semester. She never taught, just told us stories about the cops raiding her apartment for weed.

I did have profs that stood out. One was a deputy prosecutor who taught Criminal Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    Nancy had to fly militar yet the income speaker has stated he will fly commercial - very interesting!

So now our tax policy should be to give money to those that want to spend it is what you are suggesting. That is as bad as our government that spends money it does not have.

It is time for the Federal government to operate like 49 states, all municipalities and every company and every person must -- with a balanced budget where you don't spend what you don't have. Further, they should not be able to raise their income without voters approving it.

Most government programs waste huge quanities of money and need to be cut. Maybe if we paided the managers of these programs on how effective and efficient they were run we could end the corruption and waste.
    Nancy wanted to fly commercial she was told she couldn't by Homeland Security.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast