Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    I took out "idiot" and "dopes". I was told not to quote posts with language like that. I also indicated what I did hoping the author would change it lol. I did not change any words. So it is ok to use this language?
    I don't see that we would hold anyone responsible for quoting someone else's text unless it was done with the express intent of hurting someone. We may edit your post and delete it, but that's nothing against you.

And yeah Freddie, easy there dude.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    You, my friend, must be the exception to the rule. I spent 4 years at the University of Indiana. I Actually wanted to be a History teacher. Most of my profs had 2 hours a week in the office and some taught as few as one class
    a week. The worst were the Psychology and Sociology profs. Also, had a Philosophy prof who showed up for about 3 classes one semester. She never taught, just told us stories about the cops raiding her apartment for weed.

I did have profs that stood out. One was a deputy prosecutor who taught Criminal Justice.
    Oh. You are talking about the humanities, I was in the engineering side of things. I always found those people to be a little on the impractical side. We did have the odd person that was freed up from their course load but they were doing research. There was a big stink going down about the time I left about the administration pushing the staff to take on research and development, 'Partnering with Industry', so they can get the dollars that went with it. As one instructor said, they want to rent us out to do the same work we did in industry but at a lower wage.

Mind you it might be because education dollars are more scarce up here the secondary institutions try to squeeze as much as they can out of their instructors. I was thinking of going back to teach but stories I hear from my past colleagues made me reconsider it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    True. But in times of war the USA has never lived within its means as the price of liberty and freedom is priceless.

During WWII most all manufacturing was turned over to the war effort. No cars were built between 1942 to 1946 dealing with a major car producer.

Every Sherman tank had a Cadillac engine sitting inside, which I've always found interesting for some reason. Most all airplane production went towards the war efford.

The government spent relentlessly and the public sacrificed to the extent of rationing even food for the war efford.
    Bit of a difference between WWII and Iraq, Afghanistan. Hard to justify not meeting financial obligations and saddling the cost to future generations while the economy was humming along as strong as it was before 2008. If that was not considered good times (economically speaking) I do not know what was.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345