Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So I just graduated College with an A.O.S. in HVAC/R and am going on an interview with a local Company that I really want to work for. They do all kinds of service from huge boilers and Large sub arctic freezers (used for testing military equipment) to some small res units. He mentioned giving me a test. What can I expect to see on such a test so that I know what to study for. I'm shure there is no staderdized test for this type of thing, but I could use some "guestimates" from some of your experiances.
    Thanx,
    Mike

I have no idea but if it is multiple choice ya can always eliminate 2 of em and then ya got a 50% chance on the answer.
    If it's essay and you ain't sure, turn it into something you do know about and write your ass off. Good luck.
    Also dress nice and act like you want to work, don't ask how much they pay till ya get hired.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

How to find c, r, and s windings on a compressor, voltage questions, draw a schematic, suction and head pressure questions, superheat and subcooling questions. Stuff like that.

A dirty condensor coil will:

A. Effect head pressure
    B. Effect suction pressure
    C. Over heat the compressor
    D. None of the above
    E. All of the above
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

E. all of the above, ok, so ya got one now.

As far as finding csr, just read across and down like reading a book, it's always csr....

That's 2.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Check this out.

For years and years our company has been doing gas piping in buildings to the out side. The gas company would test our lines. Then connect from their tank to our lines.

Everyone was happy. Life was good.

But now the State of Vermont wants to get in the act. Everyone must now be licensed to work on a gas appliance. No grandfather clause. Even for me who is 60 yo. and doing this sh!t for 40 years.

I got he results of the test today. 87.9%.

WHAT DO YOU THINK DICE? IS THIS PURTIER THAN A NATE PATCH?

[Edited by benncool on 01-10-2005 at 02:11 PM]

Allright Benncool...congratulations!! What where some questions?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by mike4hvac
    I'm shure there is no staderdized test for this type of thing, but I could use some "guestimates" from some of your experiances.
    Thanx,
    Mike
    Take this to the john and pee in it?

Originally posted by coolwhip
    What where some questions?
    Oh I was suppose to remember the answers!

The school was 3 days. On the 3rd day was a review and then the test. 117 questions. (117 is diffinately a government number. Not 110 or 120 but 117)

. Every propane container must be equipped with at least ____ relief valve(s).

. One cubic foot of propane liquid will boil off approximately___cubic feet of vapor.

. When heat is added to propane liquid in a closed container, the volume of the propane will____.

Stuff like that!

[Edited by benncool on 01-10-2005 at 02:30 PM]

Talking

Cool, now Im going to go and get that really cool patch so I can sell propane and propane excessories.

Theodore Roosevelt

117 true or false questions.......
    Anyway, they did the same thing around here with new gas service lines. Ya not only need to jump through hoops and get certified but also take a drug piss test......really.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I hearby give Beenie permission to sew that patch on the official Pennwood shirt, the one locked in his vault.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Cool, now Im going to go and get that really cool patch so I can sell propane and propane excessories.

Gonna have to see if Hank Hill wears one of those patches on his shirts next show.

You had to sit through three days of school for that??? Jeeeez, Benn.......the State of Vermont......

What a mess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast