Since when did the control boards have the outside condenser come on before the indoor fan blower on call for cooling?

On call for cool, the condenser comes on, then after a 60 second delay, the indoor fan kicks on. I have always known the indoor fan to come on with the condenser and stay on a while after.

Any help appreciated.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Brand and model numbers?

I have a heil furnace 80% and there is a delay before the blower starts. I think they do this so there are less amps being pulled at start up.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

FWIW, I have two Ducane 90+ furnaces (attic and basement) with Ducane AC10B outdoor units, and in both cases the compressors turn on for about 10 seconds before the blower motors start. Similarly, the blower motors stay on for about 10 seconds after compressor stops.

I've seen it happen before, but never a 60 second delay. It's done primarily to get the evap colder quicker.

Don't know the model #'s offhand, but the brands on the first one was a goodman 2tonner, the second was a tempstar 4 ton(furnace, condenser)

60 seconds delay. Is that too long for the condenser to be running with no load? What would be the bad side of it, liquid back to the compressor??

Other guys in the shop are saying its alright, their making it that way now to cool the evap before it starts blowing air into the house.

Thanks.

Originally posted by coolwhip
    I have a heil furnace 80% and there is a delay before the blower starts. I think they do this so there are less amps being pulled at start up.
    The delay on start up on the Heils is there to raise the efficancy of the air conditioner. That way the evap has a chance to cool a little before air passes over it. Same with fan not shutting off instantly. More to deal with the efficancys but have also heard some say that delayed shut off is to dry coil also, might be but Im sure its more on the efficancy.

I have a 5 second delay set up in the thermostat. In my case it was to decrease amperage draw so the compressor would have more juice on start up.

It also benefits in the other ways mentioned.