Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Wow, thanks waterworld, this thread has a lot of information in it!

I see several jobs (some of ours) using Dolpins and had wondered if they really worked as good as claimed. I have much reading to do now.

I'm working at a large medical facility, with some very old chilled water and heating hot water loops. The system has been very leaky for years, so water treatment was pretty much abandoned years ago. We've finally got the leaks pretty much in order, and need to start treating again. However, because of the fragility of the system (we are still losing about 800 gallons/day from the hot side - chilled side is tight), we need a system that is quite a bit cheaper, and environmentally friendly than the 'traditional-yet-overpriced' nitrite controls.

I found a write up on sulfite based controls from closedsystemlabs.com, which seems to use cheap, relatively common chemicals. It seems a perfect match, and I can't see any major issues with it (Dipotassium Phosphate to maintain 9-10pH, Sodium Sulfite for oxygen scavenging, and Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate as a dispersant). I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this system. This is for us to be managing for ourselves.

Thanks,
    Chris

WW

very good info. thank you!

ill add this to my "bag of tricks"

hopefully your az reps dont mind you helping educate the competition...

"bag of tricks" meaning knowledge and understanding to better serve my current customers

Water Test Kit

waterworld,
    In an earlier post you mentioned you were going to post some recommended water test kits. I looked for the post and did not find it. I am back to working in the industry. I came across this forum and am impressed with the knowledge of all the experienced pros like yourself. I would like to get a test kit to be able to test water quality daily. I am new on my current job with brand new cooling towers and chiller. Would like to keep them working well. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Back2It View Post
    waterworld,
    In an earlier post you mentioned you were going to post some recommended water test kits. I looked for the post and did not find it. I am back to working in the industry. I came across this forum and am impressed with the knowledge of all the experienced pros like yourself. I would like to get a test kit to be able to test water quality daily. I am new on my current job with brand new cooling towers and chiller. Would like to keep them working well. Thank you for your time.

Hey there. Sorry I haven't responded to anyone. For some reason I haven't been getting any notifications of new posts from anyone?!? Sorry about that. Anyhow, what kind of test kit were you looking for? For a condenser system or boilers, or bio? Let me know and I can help you out. In the mean time, a great place to buy test kits is Aqua Phoenix. That's where I get my stuff and the pricing is reasonable.

The web site is: http://www.aquaphoenixsci.com/

And no I have no affiliation with this company. They just sell good stuff and you can buy it online. Let me know if you need anything else or if anyone else has any questions then feel free to ask... except for competitors like mhamilton247!

That's a joke BTW. I don't mind sharing. Just keep your mitts off of SoCal!

Quote Originally Posted by waterworld View Post
    Hey there. Sorry I haven't responded to anyone. For some reason I haven't been getting any notifications of new posts from anyone?!?
    I've noticed this as well. This is the only forum I've ever been on where it automatically marks threads read after a couple days, so if you don't check your subscribed threads every could days or so, it marks them read anyways. Really hard to keep up on conversations in this way.

Did you see my comments/questions a little further up in the thread?

Thanks Waterworld for the info. I may confuse you with the Water Master though.

Quote Originally Posted by waterworld View Post
    Hey there. Sorry I haven't responded to anyone. For some reason I haven't been getting any notifications of new posts from anyone?!? Sorry about that. Anyhow, what kind of test kit were you looking for? For a condenser system or boilers, or bio? Let me know and I can help you out. In the mean time, a great place to buy test kits is Aqua Phoenix. That's where I get my stuff and the pricing is reasonable.

The web site is: http://www.aquaphoenixsci.com/

And no I have no affiliation with this company. They just sell good stuff and you can buy it online. Let me know if you need anything else or if anyone else has any questions then feel free to ask... except for competitors like mhamilton247!

That's a joke BTW. I don't mind sharing. Just keep your mitts off of SoCal!
    What is your ideal ranges on a galvanized tower? Just curious if you are treating it what are your limiting numbers on alkalinity, ph, hardness, and conductivity?

Thank you for the information

What is your take on the need to soften water for a low pressure steam boiler? finding all sorts of conflicting info.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345