I'm trying to charge this unit and it cuts out on low suction reading from transducer. After two re-starts it goes off on alarm. Can I reset it other than shutting off power to chiller and waiting for the timing sequences?

This is the chiller.

This is the inside of the controller. (I have one of the moly plugs disconnected from the high transducer)

Did you gauge it up and see what the actual suction pressure was? It pumps out on startup, if the solenoid valve or power element on the TXV is bad you will get this type of lockout.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

The thing works, it does its job. I'm charging the thing and it goes off on that alarm. Just wondered if there is another way to reset it besides shutting off power and waiting for the timing.

Talking

you are screwed well not really the fine people at york overlooked this in there board . ive had the same trouble and i call a friend who just happens to be the service manager at york international in york,pa he told me the only way around this is to dump liquid in the liquid line to charge more faster. it may still lock out a couple of times but it will save a few hours you can also change the time delay so you dont have to wait so long

if you know how much freon you need to add then add liquid freon to the condenser with machine off. make sure you have water flow if pressure is below saturated freezing temp. you may have to heat the bottle to get the freon to move over.

next time from a vac liquid charge the liquid line with the unit off with the chilled pumps running let it equalize and hit the rocker switch..with a chilled water demand it should stay on till your finished.OR....hot wire the LLS and with guages and amprobe on the unit jump the compressor contactors directly with a toggle or jump the 115V to the contactors off the terminal strip...definitly toggle off the other compressor so the load is on the charging one!there is a jump for the 300 second time delay with a couple of keys pushed and held on the ISN have to dig for that over the weekend!the logic on the start is the Suction TD must see VAC from closed LLS for a short time and then the LLS opens up they had problems with liquid in certain compressor models and that was the logic explained from YORK..you would think take the TD off and hook it to a standing can to prove suction.....NO!if you ever do a split York with those compressors Air Cooled...check out when they control the cooling with the Suction Transducer...wild!

[Edited by maxster on 01-08-2005 at 12:39 PM]
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

just a question

Can you not put a fixed resistor across where the transducer wires in, telling the control cabinet the pressure is a certain psig?
    Or some other setup to accomplish the same thing.
    Just asking.

OR

Can you pump down the low side, remove the transducer and plug the hole and then hook a bottle of freon to the transducer through a set of gauges?
    Hell, I don't know.

Hmm

the transducer is on the port you would put your suction hose on in normal service...some with a service valves on the line side of the same for suction service valve for psi readings or visa versa.the TD is feed 5vdc and that goes back into the ISN telling it that a VAC is present on pumpdown start or low pressure which then OKs the LLS to open according to the DCV and the time the board allows it to trip/fault or open the LLS to run.

[Edited by maxster on 01-08-2005 at 02:30 PM]

i usually pull the one side of the 24 volts off the 24V/115V TR to reset the ISN..tip don't unscrew the line fuses on the main 115V/208-240-480 TR with the power disconnect up...the surge will blow those fuses or at least one,that could ruin your day and when a new compressor is going in make sure it has that oil temp limit probe on it or pull the other before it goes back to the shop...easy to remove on old one with oil in the sump...pull a quick vac and quick change it with a plug and teflon.

resetting the circuit

The 2 toggle switches on the man control board will allow you to reset each circuit independently.I know there is a total of 4 but you are only using the top 2,first switch first stage .Turn it off and back on it should reset the circuit.I hope this answers your question!