Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I don't remember saying that Glen. Heck the Chinese are fighting a war in Africa right now and nobody says anything about it.

Besides, the Chinese were our Ally in the last war of importance.
    The communist government of China has never been nor will ever be our ally. If you are talking WW2, The communists who were engaged in a civil war with the Nationalists, briefly joined the nationalists against the Japs. They mostly did not fight, saving it for the end of the war and their push for Peiking. I dont forget Tienamen Square, the Vietnam war, the Korean war, The downing of our E3 surveilance plane and holding its crew hostage for 10 days in 2001. They have alot of American blood on their hands and they are the enemy. They are just biding their time. And it makes no sense to me that America has financed their emergence by buying shiny objects from them

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Your thinking clearly shows that Canada is not a superpower that projects military might worlwide. Therefore Canadians like yourself can't wrap your minds around the awesome responsibility the USA carries on it's shoulders.
    And where have we ever thought ourselves as a superpower? Think about it, Canada has a smaller population than California. But when it comes to playing our part we do leave our shores and fight in other areas in the world. In Afghanistan our troops have been in the birthplace of the Taliban for the last five years. Not like other NATO countries that will only send troops there in non-combat roles.

Trust me, Canadians know how important the US is to the world, how can we not we live right next to you. As you said, us Canadians can not wrap our minds around the awesome responsibilities that come with living in this big bad world. How can we when we are too busy shoveling snow?

Canadians are Noble Warriors. History has shown it over and over. Think about it as Printer has stated. They have a huge land mass with low Population. They just do not have the resources to project power over the globe.

Without the Canadians NORAD could not exist. And by NORAD I mean much more than just the obsolete tourist attraction in Colorado Springs.

It seems a bit pointless some US allies looking to build carriers when the US already controls that aspect of the water. The important thing for US allies to do is comunicate with the US as to how we can effectively support. Countries like Canada and Australia are increasing military spending and if they can punch above their weight when asked upon then that is the most important thing.
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Canadians are Noble Warriors. History has shown it over and over. Think about it as Printer has stated. They have a huge land mass with low Population. They just do not have the resources to project power over the globe.

Without the Canadians NORAD could not exist. And by NORAD I mean much more than just the obsolete tourist attraction in Colorado Springs.
    Besides the US would not feel all that great about having a next door neighbor with a large military complex that it does not control. In the 50's when Canada was developing a delta wing interceptor that hit a hair under Mach 2 on its seventh flight the program was scrapped when the US told us to enter NORAD and rely on missiles (made in the US) for our defense. Ultimately many of the Canadian engineering and production people ended up moving to the US and working for aerospace industry and with NASA on the space missions.

Might want to look at history here guys and gals:

Japan was buying up the world (including the USA) in the early 1980's... they went bust and to this day have not recovered.

THX to Reagan, the USSR went bust trying to match odds with the USA in an arms race.. they have not recovered to this day...

NEVER underestimate a Wall Street banker to come out on top... and the last time I checked... Wall Street is in the USA.
    And NEVER underestimate the power of the US military...

China will loose, probably without a hot war... Just a matter of time. Then there will be NO superpowers other than the USA... and hopefully we (the USA) can lower the military budget a small amount... as there will no longer be a threat of two super-powers going after each other.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Japan was buying up the world (including the USA) in the early 1980's... they went bust and to this day have not recovered.

THX to Reagan, the USSR went bust trying to match odds with the USA in an arms race.. they have not recovered to this day...

NEVER underestimate a Wall Street banker to come out on top... and the last time I checked... Wall Street is in the USA.

China will loose, probably without a hot war... Just a matter of time. Then there will be NO superpowers other than the USA... and hopefully we (the USA) can lower the military budget a small amount... as there will no longer be a threat of two super-powers going after each other.
    And all the people with money invested in the military machine, they will blindly accept loss of profits? Hardly seems likely. Look at what China has been doing world wide. Do they care if they do business with one faction or another? No they will do business with anyone as long as they get the resources that they want. And rather than getting in a shooting match or invading another country they are willing to pay top dollar (US dollars) for the resources as long as they can get them. Other than disputed territories with their neighbors they have not shown imperial tendencies worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Chinese workers build 15-story hotel in just six days

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/yahoocana..._just_six_days

Time laps video.
    The pre-fab parts were built off-site. The finished parts were ASSEMBLED in six days. How long was total construction time?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

I was wondering if anyone else could connect China today with what happened with Japan in the 80's. Good post.

The US Navy lets pilots from a lot of other Countries train and fly from our Carriers.

Britain
    Canada
    Switzerland
    Australia
    Brazil and quite a few more counties.

So it really does'nt matter if a country has carriers or not.

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    The pre-fab parts were built off-site. The finished parts were ASSEMBLED in six days. How long was total construction time?
    I am sure it was a lot longer than someone making a sketch on the back of a napkin. Yes the parts were made off site. It goes to show the planing and the infrastructure the Chinese are going through in their industries. They are not a bunch of backward third worlders that are willing to sit still.

I am sure it was a lot longer than someone making a sketch on the back of a napkin. Yes the parts were made off site. It goes to show the planing and the infrastructure the Chinese are going through in their industries. They are not a bunch of backward third worlders that are willing to sit still.
    China is not backwards thinking but the main reasons they are dangerous is the fact that they copy western patents with complete disreguard. They have no respect for the work of others previously done, are also very good at modifying state of the art equipment (like putting a window shaker in the cab of a state of the art train cab). They do not however have the ability to fix things very well because they copy others, this however will change and make them more dangerous. The good thing is their economy is looking more and more like a house of cards every day.
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

And all the people with money invested in the military machine, they will blindly accept loss of profits? Hardly seems likely. Look at what China has been doing world wide. Do they care if they do business with one faction or another? No they will do business with anyone as long as they get the resources that they want. And rather than getting in a shooting match or invading another country they are willing to pay top dollar (US dollars) for the resources as long as they can get them. Other than disputed territories with their neighbors they have not shown imperial tendencies worldwide.
    Not sure where you are coming from guy... nothing in your post addresses what I said. Sorry, if you want to debate with me, you will need to address my statements.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast